Menu
larssonn
Tuning in
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Youtube TiVo stutter problem

I felt compelled to join the forum as the updated youtube app on the TiVo box is frequent stuttering and pretty much unusable. Now I've read other similar posts about the lack of concern by the moderators but as a loyal and generally patient customer I'll give them a chance and politely ask the following which I would like answered as fully and not just get"palmed of". So here goes..

1) Do you recognise that lots of customers are having this stuttering issue?

2) Is your technical team working on a fix and if so how long do they expect it to take?

I look forward to your reply.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 28
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Youtube TiVo stutter problem

Hi all, 

Thanks for your posts and apologies for the issues you are having using YouTube on the TiVo®

I can confirm we've raised this up as a fault under reference: F003830141

Latest news is that this has been investigated by our teams and now passed over to an external team. As well as this we've raised a ticket with Google. 

The next update is due at 10am tomorrow. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi larssonn,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

To answer your questions as best as I can:

1)  We have had a number of reports for this particular fault when YouTube picture stuttering and we have been looking at each individual case reported due to the various possible causes of this fault.

2)  We are currently investigating an issue with this fault and our teams are working on a solution.  We don't currently have an estimated fix time, we will be actively working with the teams involved to keep this moving along.

As you're experiencing the symptoms on the YouTube service I have passed on your feedback to help us in our work to resolve this.

In addition, I have carried out some checks on your connection to see if there were any network specific issues that may be contributing to this.  I have found that there is some high demand on the network you're connected to.  It's quite high that I have escalated this to our network teams to get sorted.  

This high demand issue on the network will impact Apps like BBC iPlayer/YouTube/Netflix etc and will mainly occur during peak times.  

In order to improve the network to alleviate any high demand problems it can take some time, so please don't hesitate to get in touch to request an update if the issue is still ongoing.  

We're here to help if you need us, please keep in touch. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
larssonn
Tuning in
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Colette, thanks for the comprehensive answer. Glad to hear that the problems are being dealt with. Keep us posted. Thanks 😊
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

No problem larssonn,

As soon as we know anything for definite, we'll be happy to share with you Smiley Happy

All the best. 

0 Kudos
PeteG2000
Joining in
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

I have precisely the same issue as above. I have no other internet connection issues on any other devices and things like iPlayer work fine, but YouTube is virtually unwatchable as every video stutters every 2-3 seconds. Doesn't matter the time of day, the amount of devices currently connecting through the router or even the quality of the video, each one stutters.
Would love to hear of any general updates to fix this or if there is anything specific I can do to improve things.

Cheers
Pete
richy2k6
Joining in
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem which appeared in the last few days.  The app is unusable whereas youtube works fine on any tablets or phones.  Time of day and connected devices doesn't make any difference.  I use the app regularly so am pretty disappointed that Virgin don't seem to be giving this more priority given how many people have reported it.

Richy

steveh31
Joining in
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Not Virgin that's the problem Google prioritise complaints and the reason it took so long to fix the app before was because Google gave Virgin a really low priority in the fix issues queue, so persumably Google won't prioritise this highly either.

0 Kudos
PasCraigy
Settling in
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

I have the exact issue. Couple of months ago it wouldn't work at all. Eventually the update came and it started working. Now when I try watching a video it stutters every 2 second or so. I've even tried pausing it to allow it to "buffer" but still it continues to stutter. If something doesn't work, remove it, don't advertise it, and fix it.

zilch
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

The fault has now been added to my local service status with an initial fix date of 7th August.
andyofsa6
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

I am also having the same problem every time that I try and use the you tube app, it is very annoying.

I hope it will be fixed very soon.