Menu
TH1985
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Youtube Stuttering Problems on TiVo - Still Happening!

Hi,

I hope someone from Virgin Media can help me.

I see a few weeks back on the forums here that the Youtube App/Channel has been updated/resolved to fix the stuttering Issues.

However, I'm still having stuttering Issues after the update. I watch 10/20 and 40 mins video clips on Youtube and keep getting the same problems.

It happens very much all the time, whether it's at 11pm on a weekday or at 8am on a weekday morning.

It's been happening for a very long while!!!!

Can someone help me to get this fixed ASAP???

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Youtube Stuttering Problems on TiVo - Still Happening!

Hi TH1985,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're still getting stuttering on the YouTube App.  This isn't good to hear, I will be happy to help check this out for you.

Currently there are 2 aspects to this fault.  

Firstly, there is an new investigation into this stuttering on YouTube which we are continuing to work on and fix.  We're working with the fault teams to get a solution and hope to have this resolved very soon.

Secondly, there is some high demand on the network you are connected to and this will impact any App used via the TiVo®.  This is already raised to our networking engineers who are working to improve the network to alleviate the high demand.  

This will mainly happen during peak times but can happen anytime.  You may just find it's worse during peak times. 

This may take some time to resolve due to the nature of the work required to improve the network.  We're expecting a review of this on the 14th October.  If by then things haven't improved by then, don't hesitate to get back in touch and request an update.  The reference number for this is: F003843752.  

I can assure you we are working on the stuttering issue with YouTube, as soon as we know more we'll let you know.

Thanks for your continued patience Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
TH1985
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Colette_T,

Can you please check this out ASAP? (I would very much appreciate it)

Is there an Issue with my Network Line Signal?

You're right, it isn't good at all!

I'm just mind-boggled that Virgin Media announced (from the top post above in the TiVo forum home page - a few weeks back) that this Issue has been fixed/resolved (from the stuttering problems) but this problem is still happening!

14th October Review? (Over a Month and a Half!!!!) - That's a very long wait............

Being as Youtube App/Channel on my TiVo is part of my package that I pay for as part of my TV package and it is not fully manageable and usable is unacceptable.

Please keep me informed on this matter!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi TH1985,

Thanks for your reply. I've picked this up for Collette as she's not in the office at present.

I've managed to locate your account to run some tests. All the signal levels are looking good this end. There appears to be no network line issue. Are you experiencing any other problems apart from YouTube?

I appreciate how frustrating this can be. Please feel free to bump this thread after the review date and we'll happily provide a progress update on the fault.

I apologise once again for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
TH1985
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich,

I appreciate you letting me know.

Well, I was trying to watch the Athletics (BBC2 Programme) on BBC iPlayer last night around 10:30pm and that was also stuttering!!!!

I was viewing the programme on Standard Definition and it was just unwatchable!

The only I could watch it was to change the settings to the lowest quality - which is just not acceptable.

Still having severe stuttering problems with Youtube. It's been happening for a few months and getting tired of this!

I am very frustrated with these Issues, I'm paying a considerable amount of money for my TV Package and these two things happening to affect. I'm very dissappointed!

Can you please fix these Issues ASAP and/or provide me with any updates?

Regards,

TH1985.

(Also: Will there be any compensation because of these problems - who would I need to contact?)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi TH1985,

Thanks for sticking with us on this Smiley Happy

I've taken a look at the fault you are apart of and this is still ongoing. Due to the nature of it, it will affect all online apps on the TiVo® such as You Tube, iPlayer, Netflix and at times even the On Demand and Catch Up content. 

Until the works have been done, this sort of fault will be ongoing unfortunately. 

You can ask about a loss of service credit by speaking with our Customer Services team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and giving them this reference number: F003843752

If you have any further issues or would like an update, let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
egansmind
Dialled in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

To be honest I have given up using the You Tube and BBC IPlayer apps for Tivo

Continuous buffering won the day 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Enansmind,

Thanks for posting your message regarding the YouTube App stuttering. 

I'm very sorry to hear that you've not been able to use them as much as you'd like, I'd really like to help but have been unable to access some of your details. 

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little red envelope near the top left of the page.

Get back to me when you can and I'd love to help.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos