Menu
Albert68
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Youtube Fullscreen

Youtube videos on channel 198 used to play in fullscreen on my Samsung TV

Last week they started playing in a window in the middle of the screen, anyone know how to fix this?

I've gone back to videos I watched previously in fullscreen, these are now playing in a small window too.  I've reset the TV and checked settings on the TiVo box but can't seem to get fullscreen back???

0 Kudos
jbsco
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Youtube Fullscreen

I've had this on my samsung TVs native youtube app too. I think there was an update to the app to allow the tvs to control the aspect ratio better

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Albert68 and jbsco,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. Sorry to hear that your YouTube app screen via the TiVo has changed. 

I don't know what's causing this, but I will look into this and get back to you on this.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Just checking back with you about the YouTube full screen issue you reported.

I've been able to test this, and I'm not seeing a problem with channel 198 on a Samsung TV. YouTube content is showing in full screen.

Are you still getting this issue? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Albert68
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,

Thank you for taking the time to look at this issue, I've checked a number of videos over the weekend and I do still have this problem so any other advice would be much appreciated!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Albert68, 

Thank you for your message, this is a bit of an interesting one. I'd like to know if you're seeing this on any other TV in the home, only if you're able to test this of course?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
hanjrich
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi - I cannot see a solution shown here - I have now got this issue too where youtube is as a small square with some strange screen surrounding it which is really distracting.

To be frank - I am utterly disapointed with virgin in its entirety - I seem to pay more and more to try and get access to the multitude of channels and speed they promise - to find that all the channels on demand dont offer half the programmes you can get if you log direct onto the internet/channel's individual app.  Plus it takes such a long time to turn on netflix or youtube - to be honest even opening iplayer and I'm meant to have a fast connection - My internet is fine and I do not experience the slow clonky connection times on my laptop.  I just dont think it is worth what has cost between £70 and near £100 a month.  

Please can Virgin come back with a solution and explanations as I can see it is not just me.

0 Kudos