Menu
Tuning in
Message 11 of 15 (96 Views)

Re: YouTube

Well, getting close to two months since my last comment regarding the stuttering on the YouTube channel.

Would be interested to know if we are any closer to rectifying this annoying situation or will be another 'we are working on the problem'

Brian

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 12 of 15 (93 Views)

I suspect VM knows exactly what is going on regarding this YouTube problem. It has been ongoing intermittently for a number of years now.

The fact is that it has been fixed before (about 12 months ago) but failed again following software updates to Tivo. Logically they must know how it was cured previously. Laughingly, there are still moderators on the Forum denying the problem and advising rebooting the box. This is indisputable evidence of how little communication and real honesty there is in VM.

There could well be a financial barrier to VM putting some effort into resolving this problem or even a suspicious motive to try and persuade customers to upgrade to V6 even though this model is not as good as the publicity would lead us to believe.

In the meantime YouTube continues to fall apart with the A and X boxes now failing to appear for long periods.

The VM attitude on this problem is nothing short of scandalous.

Any attempts to discuss logically the possibility of refunds/discounts with them because of their failure to provide a proper service on an advertised App is impossible. Intelligent questions are met with zombie like answers read robotically off a sheet of paper......or rudeness and bad manners that lead to their fingers hitting the cut off button when they are put on the spot.

Whether VM will ever learn is very unlikely after all this time unless someone on the Forum comes up with a wiz idea that may induce VM out of its patronising and superior attitude.

Unfortunately there are many Forum members who have just become so frustrated with the whole business that they have jumped ship and gone to rival companies.

Time and again VM show that are not bothered with long term consequences as long as today's bottom line profits appear acceptable on paper.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 13 of 15 (85 Views)

I could not agree with you more Cruising and very well put.

Perhaps more of us should jump ship to a rival company.

I have been with Virgin Media/Telewest/United Artists for over twenty years and now must admit I am starting to look at options with rival companies.

It gets to a point when Enough is Enough!

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 14 of 15 (34 Views)

To the Forum Team

Once again I want to question the stuttering on YouTube.

I questioned this problem in April 2017 and the again in July 2017 and looking at the forum I am certainly not the only person experiencing this problem

It appears to be widespread and there seems to be no intention of Virgin Media trying to resolve the problem.

Before you reply with your cut and paste answers, could you also please advise why Virgin Media still advertises You Tube as part of the packages as it is clearly not working correctly and therefore you are conning your customers.

Either rectify it or cut the obscene charges you make!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 15 of 15 (4 Views)

Hi Brian-46,

I'm really sorry for the on-going issues with YouTube, your frustration is very much justified.

Unfortunately this ticket is still open and there isn't much more information we can give on the fault. The team are still working on this.

I wish I could give you more, I really do.

We'll update when we can.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos