Menu
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

YouTube tivo app requiring pin?

Any way of turning this off? The tivo app isn't my first choice but now I have to put my pin in to use it, making it even lower down the pecking order. Any way of disabling this? I don't have any parental restrictions or the option to block or unblock that I can see in the settings.

These are just my opinions. Feel free to completely ignore my advice. The above message may contain sarcasm (if you can't find it, you're not looking hard enough)
0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: YouTube tivo app requiring pin?

You need to unlock it in the apps parental control in the settings menu - not in front of a box to tell you exactly where

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

When I go to the parental control settings, then lock apps and games, it lists 9 items, none of which are youtube. I have found that if I go through the home menu and select the app it doesn't ask for the pin, but if I go to channel 198 and press the red button, it does. Nothing is blocked on the tivo, either channels or apps, so I just found this a bit strange.

These are just my opinions. Feel free to completely ignore my advice. The above message may contain sarcasm (if you can't find it, you're not looking hard enough)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrew-H,

Thanks for posting!

To unlock the YouTube channel, just go to Home, Help and Settings, Parental Controls then select Locked Channels. Any of the channels in the list that are locked will have a padlock symbol next to them.

You can either unlock the channel individually or you can select Unlock All Channels.

Hope this helps! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, but the point is that it is not locked and never has been. This has only happened recently, without any changes made to the settings.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrew-H,

That is a bit unusual.

I've run some diagnostics on the box and everything is looking great at the moment. Keep an eye on it for now and if it automatically locks again let me know.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So I rebooted the tivo - genius tech support skills, I know - and it is not asking for the pin anymore. No changes made to the settings at all. Weird, huh? Will monitor to see if it remains like this.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Andrew-H

Can't beat a good old fashioned off and on again so thanks for taking the time to let us know.

We'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

skyeleo
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

hi there did you work out how to lock/block the youtube app in (my show) screen, i can block/restrict  the tv channel just not the app

thanks

0 Kudos