Menu
Cfearnley11
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

YouTube app

I'm now getting adverts in the middle of videos, which is annoying enough, but the video won't start playing again after the ad, all I get is a black "loading" screen. Why does this app keep getting worse?!!! Either simplify it (put it back how it used to be) or give us all new, more powerful TiVo boxes that can actually run this thing!!!
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: YouTube app

Hi Cfearnley11,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I wanted to pop by and see what may be happening here.  Does this happen on every video you watch?

To help establish what may have changed or what's happening, can you please get back to me with the following information:

*  Does this happen on every video you watch through YouTube via TiVo®?

*  How long are the videos that you're watching that the ads show up in the middle of?

If you can keep me posted I can look further into this for you.  

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cfearnley11,

I just wanted to pop back as I have received an update regarding this issue with YouTube.  It looks like we are aware of this issue and one of our fault teams are working to resolve this.  

At the moment we don't have a specific fix time but as soon as we know more we shall let you know.

Thanks for your patience.  If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to ask.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Cfearnley11
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

it doesn't happen with every video thank god but when I sent the complaint I'd had three videos in one night do it. All three were over 10 minutes long. Also I'm having problems with it crashing all the time, in a number of different ways. It seems to happen after I've been using it for over an hour. Is there any chance of them simplifying the app?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cfearnley11,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

I have taken a closer look at your box remotely and there is a detectable signal fault that will be causing disruption with the service.

I would like to arrange for an engineer to call round and get this sorted for you.  I will pop all the details in a private message for you.

Look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
gussyg
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

happening to me too
most annoying.. I can cope with ads but the fact that as one finishes the app just hangs on the loading screen !
very very annoying grr !!!!
we have a new tivo box as well

* Does this happen on every video you watch through YouTube via TiVo®? 9 out of 10

* How long are the videos that you're watching that the ads show up in the middle of? 10 mins usually

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gussyg,

Welcome to the Community, it's great to see a new face Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to read about the YouTube app playing up, I've been trying to look into the issue but have been unable to access your account. I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey Gussyg, 

Cheers for the details, I've been able to access your account Smiley Happy

I've been looking into the connection to the YouTube app from our side and the TiVo's responding well. The Tivo's modem is showing good levels with no over demand for any parts of the day.

This is interesting to see and I'd like to look into this a little more, once I've got some additional information I'll post back. 

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
briraf
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

WE are getting exactly the same problem, every time an advert comes in the middle of a download stream, it plays the advert, then hangs with the black screen and spinning icon, yesterday (13th august) I could not watch anything with a video advert in it, I tried stopping, going back to home screen and re starting, made no difference, tried jumping forward 10 minutes, same result. Have checked tv wifi, ok, router ok, internet connection ok, virgin local service ok. tv tivo box plays ok on all channels, over to the experts.....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi briaf

Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to learn about the inconvenience you're experiencing with your service lately.

I'm not aware of any known issues with the Youtube app failing to work after a mid-video advert, with that in mind I've been able to locate your account and take a closer look at this from our end for you.

When testing the set top box, I'm not seeing any issue from our end. How long has this been happening for? Would you be able to reboot the box? As I can see it's been on for some time, we'll be able to accurately measure the error logs thenMan Happy

Sorry again for the inconvenience, we're looking forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos