Menu
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

YouTube, TV Anywhere, iPlayer, etc.

Having worked in the IT industry for several decades I have a theory regarding the various problems that VM appear to have with the provision of some services, YouTube, TV Anywhere and iPlayer for example.

For months now I have been very carefully reading the replies provided by the Forum team to the numerous queries raised about the poor response to issues related to these services. Reading both what is said explicitly and reading between the lines I have come to the conclusion that VM have been lacking in the way they deal with third-party providers, e.g. Google and BBC, and, while they seem to outsource some of the provision, they do not appear to have any effective management of the processes involved.

The end result is that things seem to be lacking in the level of control exercised over how either third parties or outsourced providers respond to problems. Certainly with regard to outsourced services in particular, one would expect to have a Service Level Agreement (SLA) in place to ensure that issues are dealt with promptly. If I am correct then something is missing in this respect.

One of the Forum team previously mentioned a "Head of Development" but subsequently, when I have suggested that this might be the appropriate person to comment on these issues, all has gone quiet. If such a person exists one must wonder what they do all day, given the lack of any obvious development.

Of course this is merely speculation on my part and I would be happy to be proved wrong by the Forum team. Perhaps they could make the effort to correct me.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: YouTube, TV Anywhere, iPlayer, etc.

nail...head....hit  Smiley Happy

The truth is out there somewhere, and I think Frank has just located it...Smiley Surprised

But, Frank...This IS VM we are talking about, did you REALLY expect anything less??Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dear VM

Why oh why do you never answer my posts?  Is it all over between us?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi frank_gm, 

Thanks for your post. 

Things could never be over between us. I don't know what i'd do without my weekly frank dose Smiley Tongue

We're running a little behind on the boards and are not as up to date as we'd like so it's taking us a little longer to get to your posts now but don't worry. We're not ignoring you. 

The problem with 3rd Party apps is that when there is a problem, we need to investigate things thoroughly our side, before referring to the 3rd party. This means gathering lots of evidence, account information and examples which can take days, weeks or even months. Once we've run our investigations, this needs to be passed over. 

I understand it can be frustrating however, we really do, do our best to get things sorted. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos