Menu
debbier22
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You tube

Well after weeks and weeks of you tube not working .. I see a message saying it's been fixed .. what a load of rubbish !! Sat here tonight and it's STILL constantly stuttering. .
What is the point .. ?
Virgin sort it out !!! Get your act together! I actually think I should have some compensation for all if this .. certainly not better at all
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: You tube

Hi debbier22, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

I have had a second look at the account and can see this is an issue in your area. 

We're not trying to insult your intelligence, and it's not in our best interest to give you incorrect information. 

The fault isn't limited to evenings and weekends and can occur at any time however we've found most people have the issue at higher peak periods. 

I wish there was something we can do to resolve this quicker for you. 

If you would like an update, pop back here and we'll happily provide you with one.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi debbier22,

Thank you for your post on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that the new TiVo® YouTube app isn't working for you. I certainly do appreciate how frustrating this is, as the area I live in experienced the same issue. 

The fault with the TiVo® YouTube app was fixed, however if you are in an area of high demand, you may still be experiencing freezing and blocking TiVo® apps. 

I have accessed your account via your Forum details and ran tests to your equipment and checked your area for high demand issues. The test to your equipment shows everything is working fine--I'm not seeing any problems with the signal levels or errors from your TiVo®. What I can see is an area problem with high demand: 

We are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any buffering on TiVo apps you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times such as evenings and weekends) will be resolved. 

Engineers are working on a permanent solution, however due to the complexity of the work required, this may take some time.

Again, apologies for the inconvenience this may cause.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
debbier22
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply . But I have watched you tube at 2 am and 3 am .. the results are still the same so high demand is simply not an excuse. You may as well tell me there is no Internet service due to high demand .
I appreciate you are looking into the problem but before the new app we never had the problem and watched you tube in exactly the same way . I cannot believe high demand was not the same then ! Sort of insulting my intelligence.

However , I am appreciative that you have checked the problem .
And I will just continue as I am watching via computer. Attached to my TV.
Thank you
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi debbier22, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

I have had a second look at the account and can see this is an issue in your area. 

We're not trying to insult your intelligence, and it's not in our best interest to give you incorrect information. 

The fault isn't limited to evenings and weekends and can occur at any time however we've found most people have the issue at higher peak periods. 

I wish there was something we can do to resolve this quicker for you. 

If you would like an update, pop back here and we'll happily provide you with one.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
debbier22
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply . At least I know there is an issue . I have tried this at several different times of day ..
I will keep popping back for updates on the matter .
Thank you again for your response.
regards
0 Kudos