Menu
Malibubaby1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You tube on tivo

I can't seem to watch a full episode of anything on my you tube app on TiVo, what's goin on? There always seems to be something not working right with this app, any help appreciated Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
cruising
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: You tube on tivo

Reading back through this thread for the past few months will give you a full history of the shambles that the YouTube app has become. Without wanting to repeat the points made by the Community during this time, the position at present can be summed up as follows ;

VM claim this has been resolved and that any problems are due to local traffic. This is totally unconvincing.

The real life position is that many people are still badly affected and find the App virtually unusable.

VM are sworn to secrecy on the real problems here.

We have given up trying to get any honest answers from VM on this forum concerning the disaster that this App has become.

0 Kudos
Malibubaby1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well ok then... I think I might just cancel VM when my term is up and just invest in a smart TV and an external hard drive, less hassle and cheaper in the long run I think, Yt app is just sooo frustrating, my lil one loves his programmes that we watch together, some educational which has helped him learn the alphabet and count to 30 (just before he was two). We watch these on you tube so frustrating when it don't play the whole programmes or just freezes up, anyway rant over as it looks like this is not goin to be resolved!! Thanks for informing me of all other issues Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Malibubaby1,

Welcome the forum community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that YouTube isn't working well for you right now.  I will be happy to help check this out for you.

I have carried out some checks and I have found there is some high demand issues on the network you are connected to.  This will mean that this will impact any App used via the TiVo® service.  Our network engineers are already on the case and working to resolve the high demand issue. 

We're due an update by the 25th Jan, if things haven't improved by then, don't hesitate to give me a shout and request an update.  The reference number relating to this is F004170403.

Thank you for your patience, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi I access YouTube & Netflix via a bluray player, it's perfect quality & very quick to load, you also see the whole programme. Micky
0 Kudos