Menu
Ajfazzz81
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You tube keeps stopping on my time box

I have had time for a week now and was enjoying all the features up until yesterday. You tube now keeps stopping while trying to watch a video. I have tried rebooting the box but this didn't work.
Any ideas would be welcome
0 Kudos
Ajfazzz81
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: You tube keeps stopping on my time box

It is supposed to say tivo box not time box
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ajfazzz81, 

Thanks for your posts and apologies for the issues you are having using YouTube on the TiVo®

I can confirm we've raised this up as a fault under reference: F003830141

Latest news is that this has been investigated by our teams and now passed over to an external team. As well as this we've raised a ticket with Google. 

The next update is due at 10am tomorrow. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
wld
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I would also like to report this issue in G67.

wld

0 Kudos
Ajfazzz81
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok what does that mean exactly
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi wld,

Thanks for popping by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting this disruption when using YouTube via the TiVo®.  

I have taken a look and have carried out some checks for you.  At the moment there is some high demand on the network you are connected to which will cause buffering issues on any App used on the TiVo® box.  This will happen mainly at peak times, our network engineers are aware and are currently working on making improvements to the network to alleviate this high demand.

In addition, we are also working on a separate issue relating to YouTube.  We are are aware of a fault that is happening with this App for many of our customers and at present our fault teams are working on a solution to this as well.  

I do apologise that I don't have a specific fix time at present.  As soon as we know more, we will update you.

Thank you for your patience. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ajfazzz81,

Thank you for your reply Smiley Happy

I have taken a look at your issue that you have reported with YouTube disruption that you're experiencing.  

There is 2 aspects to this.  Your case is very much the same as wld's but you are connected to a different part of the network.

Firstly, there is a network issue affecting your service that will impact BBC iPlayer, YouTube and Netflix.  This is due to high demand on the network mainly happening at peak times.  It has already been escalated to our network engineers to do the necessary work to make improvements to stop the high demand from occurring.  This may take some time to resolve due to the nature of the work required to improve the network.

Secondly,  There is a fault that we are already aware of that causes picture and/or sound to stutter when watching videos through YouTube on the TiVo® box.  It is something we are working on already to resolve. 

We do hope to have this fixed as soon as we can.  As soon as we know more we shall update you all regarding this.

I appreciate your patience with this.   Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
megsteve
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have tried all hours of day and night makes no difference ..I am in BT 10 by the way if any engineers are interested ..tyvm ..
0 Kudos