Menu
Tamanderson69
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You Tube problems on TIVO

Hi, can anyone tell me how to stop the You Tube app from stuttering and freezing on the TiVo box please?.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: You Tube problems on TIVO

Hi I know it's not a good thing to suggest spending others hard earned money, but I access them via a Bluray player or a smart TV both of which are internet capable, then it's faultless quality and doesn't drop out, I know it's part of virgins packages and should work but it seems unreliable on virgins systems.Regards Micky

All Replies
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi I know it's not a good thing to suggest spending others hard earned money, but I access them via a Bluray player or a smart TV both of which are internet capable, then it's faultless quality and doesn't drop out, I know it's part of virgins packages and should work but it seems unreliable on virgins systems.Regards Micky
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tamanderson69, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue using the YouTube app on your TiVo®. 

Checking the account it looks as though there was an fault that has since been resolved. Are you still having the same issues? 

Do you get the same issue on other apps? 

Come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tamanderson69
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Kath. Yes I'm still having trouble with it freezing. It's so bad now it's barely worth using the app. Thanks for responding.😊
0 Kudos
Sylviann60
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I also have this problem on YouTube I now use Amazon's firestorm k for YouTube and netflix .I really should have VM fix it as I'm paying for this service
0 Kudos
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There is no fix for the YouTube issues on the TiVo box. All customers experience issues with it to some degree, some worse than others. The boxes aren't powerful enough to run it properly and a recent software update made it worse, though you won't see Virgin staff admit this.

The solution is to use the app on another device or upgrade to the V6 box which, in many cases, is only a £20 upfront fee with no monthly increase + the box is faster across the board.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos