Menu
N-A
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

You Tube in the TiVo box keeps hanging

I have two problems and an annoyance using You Tube on my TiVo box.  The first problem is stuttering when I load up a video and the onscreen information vanishes.  Is that normal or is that normal?

The second, more serious problem, mentioned in the subject title is that when I watch something that has advert breaks in it, regardless of whether I choose to skip the ad and sit through it, the service hangs on a black screen with the word Loading... on it.  This is annoying at the best of times, but especially so when, as I've been trying to do today, watch a two-hour plus video with three breaks in it.  Every time an ad came on and I had to go back to the beginning, replay the video and fast forward to the end of the ad, this is not good.  What, if anything is the solution?

Finally, the annoyance is that when I wish to look at playlists of videos, I cannot do so I merely play the first video in the list, is there anyway just to bring up the poster's list and play whatever video I want?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: You Tube in the TiVo box keeps hanging

Hi N-A

I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with the YouTube app at the moment, I'd like to take a closer look at this from our end but I've not been able to accurately locate your account unfortunately.

So that I can do that, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: You Tube in the TiVo box keeps hanging

Hi Neil, 

Thanks for coming back to us here at the forums Smiley Happy

Craig isn't in today so I've picked this up to save you waiting any longer for a reply. I hope you don't mind.

We've run some checks on your TiVo® box and currently nothing obvious is popping up. The up time on the box is quite some time though so rebooting this could help things. 

I've also sent some refresh hits to the box so a reboot is needed for these to take effect. 

Turn the box off and leave off for a few minutes. Turn back on and try things again. Has there been any improvement?

Come back and let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath

Forum Team.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos