cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet more problems, locked recordings

thanks4nothing
Fibre optic

So the latest problem, is that most of my recording are now suddenly saying the channel is locked and I have to keep entering a pincode. I have NEVER locked any channels. The channels show as not locked. I have tried locking and unlocking them and rebooting but still the same. Particularly all the history channels. Anyone else having this and know how to stop it?

This user has left the community.
11 REPLIES 11

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried rebooting it

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@thanks4nothing wrote:

So the latest problem, is that most of my recording are now suddenly saying the channel is locked and I have to keep entering a pincode. I have NEVER locked any channels. The channels show as not locked. I have tried locking and unlocking them and rebooting but still the same. Particularly all the history channels. Anyone else having this and know how to stop it?

@dannylau wrote:

Have you tried rebooting it

Daz15
Tuning in

Yes,I'm having exactly the same issue you describe on History channel 234

HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Sounds like the same issue that TiVo had with Fox a few months back, where all old recordings required a PIN to watch them. All of the old recordings before this still require a PIN to watch, but new episodes were okay.

I'd post the link but don't know how to do it on a mobile phone.

@Lurgod wrote:
Sounds like the same issue that TiVo had with Fox a few months back, where all old recordings required a PIN to watch them. All of the old recordings before this still require a PIN to watch, but new episodes were okay.

I'd post the link but don't know how to do it on a mobile phone.

I found that thread and it does sound similar thanks. (just different channels) Although I get it on all recordings including those made during the day e.g.10am.

I have plenty of recordings up to 2 years old and more and now they are all asking for the pin across several channels. 

As usual VM said they would investigate back in February and even gave a fault reference, then no more posts. Smiley Mad It's clearly a VM problem and not some third party (Ofcom) as they have stated.

Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi thanks4nothing and Daz15,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with having to enter your PIN code on your recordings, where a PIN was not required before.

Can I ask if the programmes you are being asked to enter the PIN code for were originally shown after 9 PM and what time are you playing the programmes back? Also, what channels are you getting the PIN request for?

We are investigating this and working on a resolution, so any additional information that I can gather on this issue would be very helpful.

Many thanks.

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

@Terri_P wrote:

Hi thanks4nothing and Daz15,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with having to enter your PIN code on your recordings, where a PIN was not required before.

Can I ask if the programmes you are being asked to enter the PIN code for were originally shown after 9 PM and what time are you playing the programmes back? Also, what channels are you getting the PIN request for?

We are investigating this and working on a resolution, so any additional information that I can gather on this issue would be very helpful.

Many thanks.

No. As per my previous post, immediately before yours. It is happening with recording made during the day too. I just tried a few more from 9am and 10am. These are from H2 and Lifetime channels. They all require pin. I have to enter the pin during the day and during the evening.

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi thanks4nothing,

Thanks for getting back to us, I'm sorry this problem is ongoing.  I've checked things for you, we are aware of the issue and are working on it for a future update, I'm afraid there's no date as yet.

I don't know if you've already tried it, but it's worth going into Home > Help & Settings > Parental Controls and turning off 'Request a PIN to Watch Recordings' and trying again to see if this makes a difference.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
From my experience, those recordings asking for a PIN will be asking for it forever. I still have 2 episodes from the Fox problem in My Shows (the last 2 episodes of Falling Skies) and both are still asking for a PIN.