Menu
barrylowry
Superfast
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

XXL package to go up again?

BT anounced today that it is putting its prices up across the board including BT Sport from the summer

see BT price rise: Millions of people’s broadband, phone and TV subscriptions to get more expensive

I am figuring that will mean the XXL package will go up again given that VM never let an opportunity to hike a package go by.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: XXL package to go up again?

I would hope they do.

If the wholesale price of BTSports goes up, I want to be sure I'M not paying for it in MY yearly increase. Why should the subscribers who have no interest in watching sports channels subsidise those who do? The extra charge BT add has to come from somewhere...

0 Kudos
Treaddie
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin just informed me that Sky Sports package is being raised as of June this year, GREAT, this means year upon year we can be looking at least 3 price hikes, BT Sports, Sky Sports & Virgin for "free" broadband speed increases. Prices from Sky, Virgin & BT now rival your everyday energy bills, which is the more important? The price you pay for entertainment is now a joke, I for one will be seriously looking at getting away from this media entertainment pricing frenzy, why do you think people are going pirate?? GREED......

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM's deal with BT runs out this summer, they would be very wise to add another tier with BT sport incorporated rather than making everyone pay regardless, however they would probably get a better deal by lumping us all in so we may get another price hike to pay for stuff we don't want

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Treaddie wrote:

Virgin just informed me that Sky Sports package is being raised as of June this year, GREAT, this means year upon year we can be looking at least 3 price hikes, BT Sports, Sky Sports & Virgin for "free" broadband speed increases. Prices from Sky, Virgin & BT now rival your everyday energy bills, which is the more important? The price you pay for entertainment is now a joke, I for one will be seriously looking at getting away from this media entertainment pricing frenzy, why do you think people are going pirate?? GREED......

Piracy has dropped since the advent of Netflix et all.

The fact is people will pay for convenience. Especially convenient access to content they want...

Price gouging is a different thing. Which is what BT and SKY are doing with their sports packages. VM has actively campaigned for a change in the way the rights are auctioned to try and stop the silliness...However until SOMETHING changes, as I previously said, more power to VM for passing the increase to JUST those who take the sports packages. As mentioned above, it would be nice if they separated out BT and SKY packages instead of an "all in one", but as their marketing is going forward with all the sports in one place, its unlikely...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Kippies wrote:

Treaddie wrote:

Piracy has dropped since the advent of Netflix et all.

The fact is people will pay for convenience. Especially convenient access to content they want...

Price gouging is a different thing. Which is what BT and SKY are doing with their sports packages. VM has actively campaigned for a change in the way the rights are auctioned to try and stop the silliness...However until SOMETHING changes, as I previously said, more power to VM for passing the increase to JUST those who take the sports packages. As mentioned above, it would be nice if they separated out BT and SKY packages instead of an "all in one", but as their marketing is going forward with all the sports in one place, its unlikely...

This is Very true Video Game Piracy dropped considerably with the advent of Steam

0 Kudos