Menu
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Worldbox Channels

When Tivo's Worldbox service launched, it stated on the Virgin Media website that four additional channels would be available by the end of January. It is now nearly the end of March with no new content. I was wondering if these plans have now been abandoned?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Worldbox Channels

Hi there Zilch, 

Whilst we are always working with suppliers to bring more and more channels to our services, including foreign language channels on our Worldbox service, I don't have any information on upcoming releases. 

There may well have been plans afoot to bring more channels to Worldbox, however I guess there may be some contractual reasons why they have yet to launch. I have just checked and can see that we currently have three European channels, and one Arabic channel currently on the Worldbox service. Hopefully this will expand in the coming months. 

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there Zilch, 

Whilst we are always working with suppliers to bring more and more channels to our services, including foreign language channels on our Worldbox service, I don't have any information on upcoming releases. 

There may well have been plans afoot to bring more channels to Worldbox, however I guess there may be some contractual reasons why they have yet to launch. I have just checked and can see that we currently have three European channels, and one Arabic channel currently on the Worldbox service. Hopefully this will expand in the coming months. 

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

bluemotorfrog
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I think it's great that we have some French channels and one Italian news channel, as well as Portugese, Spanish and many others. However, it would be even better if Virgin Media could reinstate PCNE Chinese channel, as there is currently no channel on cable for the Chinese community, since it was removed. It would be great for children studying Chinese at school. Also, how about other Chinese channels, a Japanese channel and a German channel? It is so interesting to see foreign tv and listen to and hopefully learn languages. I know it is a lot to ask for, as we have so many channels already, but it would really bring us closer to the rest of the world, if it was possible for the future.

0 Kudos