Menu
vadek
Rising star
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wishlist failure

I knew The Bridge was coming up again, so a couple of weeks ago I created a Wishlist for it. Title keyword = "The Bridge" (without the quotes). It shows nothing. Upcoming = no shows.

Today I discover that The Bridge is back on BBC4 on 21/11 at 2100 and 2200 (two episodes). I check the EPG, and it is indeed there, so I set a series link.

Back to the Wishlist, I experimentally add the Keyword "Bridge" and remove the Title Keyword altogether. Upcoming = no shows.

If I do a straight search for The Bridge, it shows up in the results as soon as I type the B.

I can only deduce from that that Wishlist = chocolate teapot.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
GarethF
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wishlist failure

It's working here. What I think has happened is with the broadcasters starting to get ready for Christmas we're seeing more guide data on these channels further out. We'd not normally see Saturday 21st on a BBC channel until this coming weekend. Looks like BBC4 HD wasn't done until over night, which is why if your WishList is for HD only it didn't pick it up. It will pick it up now if your box has called back.

0 Kudos

All Replies
GarethF
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's working here. What I think has happened is with the broadcasters starting to get ready for Christmas we're seeing more guide data on these channels further out. We'd not normally see Saturday 21st on a BBC channel until this coming weekend. Looks like BBC4 HD wasn't done until over night, which is why if your WishList is for HD only it didn't pick it up. It will pick it up now if your box has called back.

0 Kudos
vadek
Rising star
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hmm. Maybe you're right, Gareth. Still - if it's in the EPG you'd think the Wishlist entry would be able to find it. I'm still not impressed. I think I'll experiment more with the Wishlist feature. So far I've tended to trust it, but that trust has been dented by this little glitch.
0 Kudos
GarethF
Rising star
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It was in the EPG but not on the HD channel, if your WishList was for HD only it wouldn't have found it until an episode flagged as being in HD was available.

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

plus there are factions of the TiVo software that adhere strongly to the up to 14 days epg expectation regardless of how far in advance the epg actually runs - I currently have (and have had since my dial up sometime prior to 2PM) planned recordings entries up to tomorrow evening i.e. up to 15 days.

whilst not exactly your symptoms, I have seen inconsistencies in SL's / WL's / et al that have resolved themselves once under the 14 day limit.

0 Kudos
vadek
Rising star
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I didn't specify HD or non-HD. Surely a wishlist should be universal. If it's on, I want to know. I didn't know you could specify HD/SD. Obviously I still have a lot to learn after all these years.

And it was well within the 14 day limit and still not telling me.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

it won't pick it up if the series link you have is a higher priority

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've just tried it and it found both episodes  -   all I did was a title search of "The Bridge"  with everything else blank including genre.

It found several links to films on Sky Movies too.

But I have noticed that the searches can take a few hours to catch up with the EPG.

vadek wrote:

I knew The Bridge was coming up again, so a couple of weeks ago I created a Wishlist for it. Title keyword = "The Bridge" (without the quotes). It shows nothing. Upcoming = no shows.

Today I discover that The Bridge is back on BBC4 on 21/11 at 2100 and 2200 (two episodes). I check the EPG, and it is indeed there, so I set a series link.

Back to the Wishlist, I experimentally add the Keyword "Bridge" and remove the Title Keyword altogether. Upcoming = no shows.

If I do a straight search for The Bridge, it shows up in the results as soon as I type the B.

I can only deduce from that that Wishlist = chocolate teapot.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos