Menu
Fabulosa
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Will new TiVo v6 box copy over old recordings?

The launch announcement has an interesting sentence:

The new set-top box is completely compatible with our original TiVo box meaning that existing customers can keep recordings and transfer settings while updating their home entertainment.

(my emphasis)

So, does that mean that my nearly 100 recordings will be able to be transferred over from my existing TiVi box? I do hope so!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Will new TiVo v6 box copy over old recordings?

nope, but you can download recordings from the new box to a tablet or phone

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'd expect that to be wishful thinking, but I'd hope to be pleasantly surprised to the contrary!
What may be the case is that the system will exist to permit transferring Thumbs, Settings, & Series Links to the new box, while also permitting watching the old content on the new box via an Ethernet connection.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

PrinterElf wrote:

I'd expect that to be wishful thinking, but I'd hope to be pleasantly surprised to the contrary!
What may be the case is that the system will exist to permit transferring Thumbs, Settings, & Series Links to the new box, while also permitting watching the old content on the new box via an Ethernet connection.

Yup you can do thumbs and series links

0 Kudos
Fabulosa
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well the words "can keep recordings" does rather suggest that they will. It would be nice to hear an official line from Virgin.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Fabulosa wrote:

Well the words "can keep recordings" does rather suggest that they will. It would be nice to hear an official line from Virgin.

Well the fact that I have one and you can't suggests otherwise, you can transfer recordings to a tablet with the new box and I'd guess that's what they mean

0 Kudos