Menu
Eag1e67
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why is my TiVo box constantly vibrating?

I just joined Virgin from another supplier in hopes in getting a better service, so far i'm struggling to see that.

I rang to report that i was having a problem with the noise/vibration of my TiVo box for the last 2 days, and was told, to my surprise basically, to go and buy an anti vibration mat, to which i wasn't happy about.I didn't join Virgin to listen to a vibrating box over the tv for sure. Also, the person to whom i spoke to really struggled to understand what i was saying.

Luckily, she understood me enough & sorted out a technician to come out in a day or 2 to check it out.

If this is a common fault in the first place, like i have read, wouldn't it be obvious to actually change the design of the box to make it quiet?

0 Kudos
Tivo_rumble
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is my TiVo box constantly vibrating?

Hi
Did you get it sorted ? My TiVo box noise is driving me insane !
David
0 Kudos
Eag1e67
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'll let you know tomorrow but from what i have read, it seems the only boxes that the technicians carry is refurbished ones & i definately won't be settling for one of them for sure

0 Kudos
Eag1e67
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well the technician came round and he found out i had the wrong power lead into the TiVo box ( something about a Samsung lead into a Sagem box, or other way round, not too sure ). What difference a power supply lead makes is beyond me tbh, but anyway, he gave me a ' new one' that was boxed and wrapped and said that the noise is coming from the hard drive. If that's the case, it sounds like a cheap box to me. It's annoying as i have to turn the tv up to cover the noise & i never had that with the sky box ( and yes, i have even put it on some polystyrene but it's the hard drive making the noise, not the actual box itself )

On a plus note, the technician that came round to fix it actually showed us a lot more on how to use the remote than the actual guy did that installed it so fair play to him.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Eag1e67,

Thanks for coming back to us and letting us know how things went with the engineer. 

Glad he was able to help you out with the remote Smiley Happy

It's surprising just how much difference a change in Power supply can do. 

If the noise gets any worse, let us know so we can investigate that further for you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi Eag1e67,

Thanks for coming back to us and letting us know how things went with the engineer. 

Glad he was able to help you out with the remote Smiley Happy

It's surprising just how much difference a change in Power supply can do. 

If the noise gets any worse, let us know so we can investigate that further for you. 

Thanks, 

Yes, it can cause fires, amongst other things.Smiley Happy

VM please do not phone me again to discuss my posts. I have not welcomed or invited such an intrusion.

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos