Menu
MAddis1987
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Why is a program on Series Link not recording new episodes?

I've had a look through the various menus on my TiVo box. And I've found that TiVo has decided not to record any of the 3 showings of the NEW 3rd episode of a series I'm watching because it's apparently a duplication, though it's only recorded Episodes 1 and 2 so far, so it can't possibly be duplicating episode 3, because episode 3 has never duplicated. I've now changed my series link settings to "record everything", so that should at least mean I get future episodes, I now don't care if I get the same episode 3 times, 3 is better than 0.

The series I'm recording is pretty much the only reason we went for the package we've paid for, so for us to now not have that is exceptionally frustrating and has taken the gloss off an otherwise acceptable package.

Any help to recover the lost episode would be greatly appreciated, and if that's impossible, you can consider me a disappointed customer.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is a program on Series Link not recording new episodes?

Please advise the show and the channel it is on.

0 Kudos
MAddis1987
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The Ultimate Fighter, Season 22, BTSport1HD
0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

From a quick look, firstly this program seems to be shared between BTS-1 & BTS-2 which won't be helping the series link which only monitors one channel. A wish-list would deal with that, but that's another issue.

It looks like episode 4 has 4 showings: 01/10 03:00 BTS-2, 01/10 22:00 BTS-1, Fri 02/10 04:00 BTS-2, with the pattern seemingly repeated for Episode 5 (although this seems to be at the limits of the 14day EPG)

Personally, I'd be minded to make sure the series link is on BTS-2, as that shows repeats at times when there's less likely to be a clash. But the first-aired-dates are all good, so I'd wonder what's showing in the OP's planned recordings list currently?

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

this sounds like one of the best uses for an Auto Recording Wishlist - you can do a view upcoming and fine tune it as required (adding/removing keywords etc,) until it works the way you want.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

...or two series links, one for each channel would work.

0 Kudos
MAddis1987
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I already have a series link for both channels, as season 21 hopped around. I still don't understand why every showing is described as a duplicate when the box hasn't ever recorded any of that particular episode's showings.
0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

MAddis1987 wrote:
I already have a series link for both channels, as season 21 hopped around. I still don't understand why every showing is described as a duplicate when the box hasn't ever recorded any of that particular episode's showings.

Might not help you but the box having recorded something before, or not, is irrelevant. The new flag relates to whether it has been on uk tv before or not. Tivo only "remembers" what you have previously recorded for 28 days too and then starts recording everything again. Incredibly this rule has not changed since the Tivo's of the 1990's so it is not as clever as some people want to think and housekeeping what will record is still a daily requirement if you don't want to miss something or end up with 100's of duplicate recordings. Reliability of the epg data is also variable, hence why some episodes might not work the same as others.

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

In addition, just to mention - some programmes are repeated on a different channel, therefore they will be classed as a new episode. Although previously transmitted, they are premiering by a different broadcaster.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi MAddis1987,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I just wanted to pop by and see how things are going?

I can see the community have been by to help with some suggestions which should be useful for you.

If you need anything at all, give me a shout.  I'm here if you need me Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos