0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is Netflix so hard to open?

Hi katebey,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this.

We are currently working with Netflix to find a resolution for this issue as it affects multiple platforms, not just our TiVo®.

We have recently sent out an update for our TiVo® boxes to try and alleviate some of the Netflix speed issues. Is your Netflix still giving you the same issue?

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
katebey
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It still takes ages to load

0 Kudos
leeuk76
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I now watch Netflix through my smart TV as it's so painfully slow on tivo which is a shame as the new series link+ and search function seems great but as soon as you select something it takes an age to do anything.
katebey
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Why is it so slow?
0 Kudos
leeuk76
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I can only imagine it being the same as any other software based gadget, the iPhone is great to start with and a few updates later, it's slow and painful, the more functions you add to a system that isn't built for it the slower it will go. The Virgin tivo hardware must be at least 5-6 years old now and it has had loads of new things added to it since the start. Hence why they're due for a new box and upgraded service.
0 Kudos
echelom
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

katebey wrote:
Why is it so slow?

The simple answer is the TiVo box is old, not just its hardware, but software as well. No firmware upgrades will fix a problem, since it affects many parts of the TiVo Service. You cannot keep updating software, without updating the hardware (Try telling that to VM! they don't listen!).

By yourself an Amazon FireTV Stick for around £34.99 - it has nearly 5,000 Apps. Catch-up and live TV. NetFlix and Amazon Prime can subscribe and use these services, but you also get access to thouands of TV Channels and Movies, some of them are on Virgin, many are not.

It is small, powerful and simple to operate, apart from you cannot record programmes - then again you still have access to channels like +1 hour, etc.

Virginmedia Price Increases from November by 5.1%
Then you need to consider the fact that Virginmedia is putting up their prices for the 3rd time in a year! With some customers you will be paying an extra £42 per year.

Line Rental is increasing by £1.01 taking it from £16.99 to £19.00
TV packages will be increasing by up to £3.49 per month

I personally, dropped my TV XL Package from whatever it was to just a TiVo Box and the least few channels possible. And now once my 12 month contract finishes - so am I as a customer thats been with Virginmedia since the Blueyonder days! That is how bad they have got, they are losing customers, yet still provide you with more TV channels that usually have hardly anything on them thats interesting!

katebey
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Great advice, VM will be taking your post down as soon as they can though.

I suppose I could get a recorder to record the programme and it's so slow and awkward.  Used to have Sky and at least it had a local news section on the negative side it wouldn't work when in rained, and I don't like propping up the Murdoch empire.  Don't like propping up VM either, the way they have treated a large group of us whose emails have been hacked has been appalling.  Trying to ring customer services is absolutely awful.

Think I will get rid of Tivo, VM is def getting too much money from me.

katebey
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Has anyone managed to get on Youtube via TIVO yet?

0 Kudos