Menu
trevally
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Why have my TiVo sound effects stopped working?

My TiVo sound effects are set at medium volume, had been working fine but now just don't make any sounds at all?

0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why have my TiVo sound effects stopped working?

trevally wrote:

My TiVo sound effects are set at medium volume, had been working fine but now just don't make any sounds at all?

Quite a few of us have reported this since the wonderful (not) update recently.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/Why-has-my-TiVo-gone-quiet/m-p/2907891#M122197

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
BexTech
Superfast
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

People want sounds?

They annoy the hell out of us, first thing we did was turn them off!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi trevally,

Thank you for posting on the Forum.  As thanks4nothing posted, there is a known issue with the TiVo® sound.

Below is further information for you and some things to try to restore the TiVo® sound:

·         If you are using a separate home cinema system, amplifier or sound bar, then the best connection to use is an HDMI cable. 

·         On some TVs with an optical output, you may be able to route the Dolby Digital from the TV to the amp/ surround sound system.

·         Change settings on TiVo box to Help & SettingSettingsAudioDolby Digital>Dolby Digital to PCM will restore stereo sound.

·         Some community members have used HDMI to optical adaptors with some success. We’re unable to support or endorse the use of these, but some customers have found they will do the trick.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have had this a few times since the downgrade. It sometimes comes back after a reboot but other times not. Sometimes It will come back after it has crashed and rebooting itself a few times. This is even on the TV with HDMI and changing to PCM makes no difference.

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
trevally
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Terri, I appreciate your reply but you don't seem to have an answer to my question which is simply, why do the sound effect not sound anymore.
0 Kudos
trevally
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I left mine on simply because I liked the blip noises when fast forwarding. Simple thing please simple minds Smiley Happy Then when they stopped working I wanted to know why and or if anyone else had noticed this happen.
0 Kudos
BexTech
Superfast
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

trevally wrote:
I left mine on simply because I liked the blip noises when fast forwarding. Simple thing please simple minds Smiley Happy Then when they stopped working I wanted to know why and or if anyone else had noticed this happen.

True, I suppose you also know how quickly the box has responded if at all to the remote!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi trevally, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

As Terri mentioned in her post, this is a known issue. 

We're not sure why the sounds have stopped but we are working on getting them back. 

As this sort of fault doesn't actually interfere with the TiVo® service itself, it's more a cosmetic fault so is lower down the list of priorities in terms of faults that affect the TiVo® service. 

I hope that makes more sense. 

We're here if you have any further questions. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi trevally, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

As Terri mentioned in her post, this is a known issue. 

We're not sure why the sounds have stopped but we are working on getting them back. 

As this sort of fault doesn't actually interfere with the TiVo® service itself, it's more a cosmetic fault so is lower down the list of priorities in terms of faults that affect the TiVo® service. 

I hope that makes more sense. 

We're here if you have any further questions. 

Thanks,

Given that most of the problems discussed on the forums, YouTube, Netflix, loss off Dolby sound, online web guide issues, etc., all seem to be lower priority can you let us in to the secret of what is higher in the list of priorities to be fixed?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!