Menu
Sexyek1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why does my to box tape a suggestion and not record what I had set it up to do?

my TiVo box keeps taping suggestions over what I have set to record, surely the priority should be what is to be recorded . Other than cancelling suggestions altogether is there anything else I can do?
0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why does my to box tape a suggestion and not record what I had set it up to do?

Suggestions will not override a recording request - the Hiccups menu will tell you why your recording did not happen.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Sexyek1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why does my to box tape a suggestion and not record what I had set it up to do?

Thanks, did look in hiccups but it didn't show there. Good to know that it doesn't affect recordings.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Sexyek1,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your recordings.

Yes as ozsat mentioned the recordings you set will be a priority over suggestions. There could be a number of reasons this is happening, for example the program could be clashing with something else which will prevent it from recording.

Are you experiencing these issues with series links or recordings you have set up individually?

Another place to go to check what's going on is 'Manage My Series Links' and 'My planned recordings' both of which you will find in the Home page under 'My Shows & Recordings'

Please let me know how you get on or if you have any further questions so I can take a look into this for you.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos