Menu
jgmorris
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why does my tivo box keep recording programes that we have not set to record.

my TiVo box keeps running out of space because it keeps recording programmes that we have not set to record. how can we stop this happening.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why does my tivo box keep recording programes that we have not set to record.

They're suggestions. Things the Tivo thinks you might want to watch. To turn them off

Go to Help & Settings from the main menu.
Choose Settings and enter your PIN (if you've set one up).
Choose Recordings, then Suggestions to change your settings.
0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why does my tivo box keep recording programes that we have not set to record.

Suggestions don't count towards the space used on the box and are deleted as required, so they wont cause the TiVo to run out of space.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jgmorris,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I just wanted to pop by and see if turning the suggestions off helped?  As Tavis75 mentioned, recordings in the Suggestions folder don't count towards the space remaining.

If you check your planned recordings and series links this may help in finding out what you have setup.  Follow: HOME > MY SHOWS & RECORDINGS > CHECK 'MY PLANNED RECORDINGS' AND 'SERIES LINKS'. 

If you have anything setup there that you don't want you can delete them as necessary.

Alternatively you can review your default recording options via:

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > RECORDINGS> DEFAULT RECORDING OPTIONS

Please let me know how you get on, I'm here to help if you need me.  All the best.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos