Menu
27melton
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why does my Tivo box record programmes I have not requested. This can interfere with recordings I do

Why does my Tivo box record programmes I have not requested. This can interfere with recordings I do wish to record but cannot as the amount of channels being recorded has been exceded. Nor does the Tivo box say which unwanted programmes are being recorded and I have to check the TV guide to find it and delete it.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why does my Tivo box record programmes I have not requested. This can interfere with recordings I do

Easy. Follow these instructions.

Turn off auto recording
If you don’t like TiVo Suggestions making recordings for you, you can turn it off.
1.Go to Help & Settings from the main menu.
2.Choose Settings and enter your PIN (if you’ve set one up).
3.Choose Recordings, then Suggestions to change your settings.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why does my Tivo box record programmes I have not requested. This can interfere with recordin...

Hi 27melton,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm just adding to what HowardML has already mentioned. To learn more about suggestions you can look here.

If you ever want to know what's recording you can follow these steps on the remote:-

Info > Press down 4 times > 'R'

Please let us know if there is anything you're still not sure of.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
27melton
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why does my Tivo box record programmes I have not requested. This can interfere with recordings I do

Thanks. All sorted now.

0 Kudos