Menu
GeoffC1
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Why does Netflix keep buffering and failing on my Tivo?

Every time we settle down to watch Netflix on Tivo, the film stutters at some point, buffers for several minutes and then throws up an error message querying whether we have an internet connection. All seems a bit pointless really.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why does Netflix keep buffering and failing on my Tivo?

It's possible you have either signal or utilisation issues.

Assuming there are no flashing lights on the front of the box and you've tried a reboot, you'll have to ring it in.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi GeoffC1,

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that Netflix isn't working correctly for you.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.  

I have taken a look at the box remotely and signal/power level wise all looks great.  Also, I have checked for possible area or congestion issues and all looks great there too.

Can you please tell me if this happens on any other iPlayer like BBC?  If you don't normally use BBC iPlayer can you please test a couple of programmes and tell me if the same happens or not?

Keep me posted and I will be happy to help further.  

I look forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
GeoffC1
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Netflix has just dropped out three times in the last hour or so. Went to try other services, but apparently On Demand is not available, although nothing under service status to support this.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Over the years we have had lots of faults here which are not within the house (so in the network somewhere).

I've even had fault codes numbers provided  -   but only once have I ever seen one listed in service status.

Whenever you get problems - the only reasonably fast way of getting a fix started is to phone it in.

If nobody else has phoned the same issue in within your area - then nothing is going to be done until your own call is escalated - or a visit arranged.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi GeoffC1,

Thanks for getting back to us. Apologies that you are still experiencing issues with Netflix and TV On Demand services. 

Upon testing just now, I can see a problem with the levels on your TiVo® box, which can cause viewing problems. In order to get this fixed, I will be happy to arrange for an engineer to call round when you're ready for a visit.

I'll send you further details in a private message. Please look to the top left of this page where you will see a red envelope icon, click on this and you will see my message.

I look forward to hearing back from you,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi GeoffC1,

Just checking to see if you are still having issues with your TV On Demand and Netflix on your TiVo® box, as I haven't heard back from you regarding scheduling an engineer. 

Drop us a line if the problem is still ongoing so we can get this sorted out for you.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
GeoffC1
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Been away recently. Tried it this afternoon and actually successfully completed a film without interruption, so nothing to grumble about at the moment.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi GeoffC1,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

I'm glad to hear it has worked for you now.  If you do have any further disruptions with the service, please do get back to us and we'll be happy to help.

Keep us posted. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Taryn76
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Please could you advise how this was resolved? We have had the same problem since an outage in our area (no TV or broadband) back in Dec. We are unable to watch anything on Iplayer or Neflix without it freezing part way. and impossible to continue watching.

The technical team have so far tried to fix this at least 3 times and it is still not fixed will ring again tonight but the team don't seem to have a clue Smiley Sad

The 'Netflix 25% buffer' like quite a common problem so I am surprised Virgin don't know how to fix it?

Any pointers that I can give when I call again tonight?

0 Kudos