Menu
SKay
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Why can't I watch falling skies season one on demand but I can watch season two onwards?

I click on any episode from season one of falling skies and it says we are not subscribed to FX (we are on the L TV package and we do receive FX) but if I select any episode from season two, three, four or five, it says I am subscribed and the episode is available to watch.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why can't I watch falling skies season one on demand but I can watch season two onwards?

Mm. That's an odd one. Could it be that season one isn't actually available I wonder? 

Other than hang rebooting the box (you'd be surprised what doing that can fix!) I don't know what would solve this. 

0 Kudos
SKay
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why can't I watch falling skies season one on demand but I can watch season two onwards?

Nope! Had a go at resetting it, didn't work. 

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mm (again) could be the broadcaster has not put it up on demand? Or possibly the broadcasting rights for this season have run out? 

Next at thing to do is report it to VM so they can investigate. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi SKay,

Welcome to the community. Smiley Happy

How are things today with 'Falling Skies' Series 1?  I'm sorry that you've not been able to access series one to date, I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

Can you please confirm the path you have taken to search for 'Falling skies'?  

I have attempted to replicate the issue on our office TV here.  When I followed:

HOME > SEARCH & BROWSE > FALLING SKIES > GET FROM ON DEMAND > SERIES 1 - Using this method only the HD version comes up and this option you wouldn't be able to view as it's XL only.

If I follow this path: HOME > ON DEMAND > TV > ON DEMAND FOR XL > ALL BY A - Z > FALLING SKIES (SERIES 1) (Without the HD logo) - I find the SD version which you should be able to order ok.

If you can let me know how you get on, I'm here to help if you need me Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Planto
Just joined
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It is now November and still Falling Skies season 1 is not available to watch for TV L - the method of going through TV XL listing does not work either - still shows as unsubscribed 

Virgin - you still advertise seasons 1-5 are available when that is not the case - please fix.

Please don't ask me to restart my box either as your fault team has already tried this. 

Clearly whoever assigns the box sets to what tv package has not done season 1 for TV L which is a mistake.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Planto,

I'm sorry to hear about not being able to see the show. Thank you for coming back and posting your comment. 

I'd like to ask and confirm that you have tried the method offered by Collette on this?

I've been able to find the series, all of them, and view them. if this is still the case I'd like to get this looked into further.

Keep in touch. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos