Menu
Prof72
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Why can't I watch BGT catchup in HD?

I keep forgetting to record BGT and tivo is rubbish at recording anything other than what I set to a series link. Therefore I am using catch-up.

So why is it this isn't available in HD when the original stream is? Seems to defeat the point of having catchup if it forces you to watch in SD and very very low mpg compression on top of that.

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why can't I watch BGT catchup in HD?

This might sound rude, but I'll go for it anyway. It kinda defeats the point of having a recording box if you refuse to record things and insist on relying on CatchUp instead. CatchUp has HD only for BBC & C5 shows, and as far as I can remember that's been the case. Perhaps it would be better to resolve your problems with recording shows and not have to rely on CatchUp?

What problems are you having with a series link for BGT?

Prof72
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well I don't know of a way to set a series record without actually highlighting it on the day in the guide and pressing record and I just keep being out and forgetting.

Shouldn't the whole 'tivo' part of the box be able to record this anyway based on what I watch etc?

Would be cool if I could just bring up a list of tv shows that I might be interested in, maybe using a filter and then just selecting them and choosing record.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Prof72 wrote:

Well I don't know of a way to set a series record without actually highlighting it on the day in the guide and pressing record and I just keep being out and forgetting.

If I understand you properly, you only set up a series link on the day a programme is broadcast. You can simply go ahead through the guide and pick the programme you want and select "Get a series link". It could be over a week ahead.

Shouldn't the whole 'tivo' part of the box be able to record this anyway based on what I watch etc?

This more or less happens for me as, once a series link is set up, it remains indefinitely. Even if the series goes off for a while, the series link will pick it up again as soon as it reappears in the guide.

Would be cool if I could just bring up a list of tv shows that I might be interested in, maybe using a filter and then just selecting them and choosing record.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
psim592403
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

For customers without TiVo, just a HD box, why is it not possible to view the BGT final 2 days after it was broadcast, it's on the ITV hub website but not there in ITV hub on the Virgin catchup menu?

0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Prof72 wrote:

There used to a screen that give an A-Z list of programs filtered by category. It was quick and easy to pick the ones you wanted and one of the best things about Tivo. When they converted the screens from SD to HD they didn't bother to do all of them and that was simply removed. Probably also because it was not bloated with on demand rubbish that they make even more money from.

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
Bingley
Superfast
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You are not alone don`t worry. Even with having Tivo myself the BGT final only appeared yesterday evening in the catchup menu. Britain`s got more talent was listed in catchup the same night as show was on but not the actual final. Strange , always happens when it`s a major live show as well.

0 Kudos