Menu
graham2gsa
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Why are new customers valued more?

I have been with Virgin for the last 10 years and I have always recommended Virgin to friends and family whom were unhappy with their other service providers. Virgin have always tried in the past to offer me good value for money but lately I find the services are very expensive, I have the tv bundle without sports or movies, I also have calls and broadband a tivo box and an extra set top upstairs. I am currently paying £76 every month due to the extreme price increases over the last several months. I haven't used my landline in nearly 3 years but was told my deal is cheaper with the phone included? I was recently given sky cinema channels for 6 months which but when looking on the websites to see what deals are out there, I noticed Virgin are offering my package with movies for 12 months at £55 ,I know I have an extra box at a cost of £11 mth but this would still be £66 (£10 less than what I pay now) I called Virgin to ask for this deal and was told no as it is for new customers only? surely the existing customer should be offered the same rewards if not more for loyalty. Considering a free view recorder box and a vodafone broadband deal. 

Helpful Answers
graham2gsa
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Why are new customers valued more?

Looks like Virgin came through for me and sorted a better deal, thanks 👍🏻

All Replies
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's a company model that Liberty Global (American owners of Virgin Media) have adopted and so have many other large service companies.  I can only imagine that they lure in more new customers with special introductory deals than they lose old customers who can't be bothered to go through the hassle of changing ISPs ... the fact that so many VM areas now suffer from over-utilisation may well support this hypothesis.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

graham2gsa wrote:

I have been with Virgin for the last 10 years and I have always recommended Virgin to friends and family whom were unhappy with their other service providers. Virgin have always tried in the past to offer me good value for money but lately I find the services are very expensive, I have the tv bundle without sports or movies, I also have calls and broadband a tivo box and an extra set top upstairs. I am currently paying £76 every month due to the extreme price increases over the last several months. I haven't used my landline in nearly 3 years but was told my deal is cheaper with the phone included? I was recently given sky cinema channels for 6 months which but when looking on the websites to see what deals are out there, I noticed Virgin are offering my package with movies for 12 months at £55 ,I know I have an extra box at a cost of £11 mth but this would still be £66 (£10 less than what I pay now) I called Virgin to ask for this deal and was told no as it is for new customers only? surely the existing customer should be offered the same rewards if not more for loyalty. Considering a free view recorder box and a vodafone broadband deal. 

The best route for renegotiating is through Retentions & not Sales (the option for thinking of leaving). Apart from the 6 month joining discount, all New Customer deals (prices & equipment) should be available to existing customers. The charge for additional boxes on all new contracts is £7.50 a month now not £11. Try ringing them & giving it another go.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
graham2gsa
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Looks like Virgin came through for me and sorted a better deal, thanks 👍🏻
Dingledoodie
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I don't need a landline either. It's ridiculous that it costs MORE to have fewer services. I feel conned by Virgin on this issue. I was recently made redundant and cut my TV and broadband services right back to Virgin's cheapest options and thought ditching the useless landline would help even more but was told I'd have to pay MORE. I remember when Virgin Media first started up they were advertising that, unlike other companies, you didn't need a landline to have their broadband. Yet, they make it impossible for people to choose such an option. It's a big con.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Really sorry for any inconvenience experienced because of this.

We're unable to assist with package changes via the Forum. However, you can, of course, re-discuss this with the relevant team on 150 free from any Virgin landline or 0345 454 1111 on any other line.  
Alternatively, you can chat to our online team via: [Contact us].

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Dingledoodie
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have already discussed with Customer Services. Paraphrasing but told, that's the way it is, tough. Wasn't commenting to change package was making my opinion of Virgin Media's 'rules' heard. Feel conned. That's that. Will likely change to BT once I've looked into everything.
theonlyianf
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin don't give a damn once they've hooked you in....I've been a cable user since the early 90's thru Nynex who were taken over by Cable and Wireless who were taken over by Telewest who were then acquired by Branson's mob so I've never been offered a "deal" per se just had one company after the other and I've stayed with them because of the promised speeds......if I could leave without penalty I'd be on the first train out of here.....Virgin?!?!?!?! Get your act together

Pebbz2
Settling in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham, I feel you've put a very good viewpoint across to Virgin. It does always seem as though New Customers are being offered all the best deals whilst loyal ones, like yourself, are forgotten about. I do hope Virgin manage to sort something out for you as valued customers are hard to come by nowadays, especially with so many wonderful offers out there. 

Barrybigstick
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Never figured this out myself either! Is a new customer better for the monthly targets? Why don't they contact existing customers offering them a better deal? (they're quick enough to write with a price increase😡).
Perhaps if we all threatened to leave for a different provider, virgin would 'up their game'. Shame really, but that's the only behaviour that the huge corporations seem to understand 😳