Menu
Telf2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why are descriptions often mixed up on My Recordings especially with series?

So many times the description of recordings ('Info') on my Tivo differs from the actual title especially noticeable on automatically recorded  series. The list of recordings does not indicate whether it has been viewed or not so it is difficult to know what to delete. It would be nice if they matched up !

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why are descriptions often mixed up on My Recordings especially with series?

In the  GREEN button option in My Shows  -  you can select to list 'Partially Viewed' episodes.

Can you provide some examples of the wrong descriptions?

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Telf2
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why are descriptions often mixed up on My Recordings especially with series?

Not easy to quote to you as I didn't keep notes. Anyway I managed to look up some examples of recordings of the Dog Whisperer series as there have been an awful lot lately and my box is set to automatically record them. The programes have titles based on the dogs that Cesar Milan treats.

Here are a few examples of errors:

Title 'Lotus and Cody' described as about a German Shepherd dog with territorial problems and a Dachshund which bites people.  In actual fact the programme had neither of these breeds but just a large dog called 'Casanova' which attacks other dogs and a Queensland Heeler (breed of dog) called 'Trace' !

Title 'Caesar and Squatty' described as about an Italian Greyhound plus a widows problems with her 2 small dogs.  The programme was actually about a Labrador named ' and Beau' and a couple with 4 Maltese terriers. No greyhound or widow with 2 dogs !!

Title 'Argonaut and Patches' described as about a Cocker Spaniel which eats paper and an aggressive English Bulldog mix breed. Actually neither breed appears in the programme.

Title  ' Bozley and Ginger'  described as about an aggressive French Bulldog and a Hungarian Visla. The programme was about a number of dogs but not these.

I am sure that there are other programmes where the same errors occur including sports such as soccer. 

Where do the descriptions come from if they do not match the actual programmes.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So the right series but wrong episodes?

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)