Menu
jennyjookles
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why am i being forced to take a Tivo box, that i really don't want!

I have v+ box. I want to keep it, i do not like the Tivo box, it is not for me. I am on 30mb internet, free evening and weekend calls and medium tv. I pay £55 a month roughly. I have rang up and asked could this be lowered and it can be buy only if i take a Tivo box. I have been told that i must stay on the package i am on because your system doesn't allow it. I don't think this is fair! Why should i be paying more????

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why am i being forced to take a Tivo box, that i really don't want!

The V boxes are older technology. Just as Virgin Media moved away from providing analogue TV and equipment, at some point Virgin Media will want to move away from the V box platform, including the V+ HD boxes.

TiVo has been around for six years and has been Virgin Media's only sold PVR for new customers for at least three.

All kit with Virgin Media is rented and it is part of the T&Cs that:

http://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services.html#equi...

E1. Where we hire equipment to you it will be our property at all times and we may need to alter or replace it from time to time. For us to do this, we will need reasonable access to your home.

So to make changes to your core bundle as an existing customer you are now required to take TiVo if you don't already have it. It's your choice as to how you wish to proceed with your services.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
jennyjookles
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am an existing customer not a new one. I don't want a TiVo box. If they want my business Virgin need to upgrade my package like every one else but let me keep my old box!!!!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, but that's not the choice you now have. All core bundles for existing customers that include TV are only now available with TiVo.

So if you wish to stay with Virgin Media your two choices are to either keep the existing bundle you have with the price you have (barring any advised price changes), or move to a new bundle that includes TiVo.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

To add to Ben's comments, transmission technology is changing. This change is being made as an upgraded transmission system is coming into use. This progress has to happen to increase broadband speeds, to allow more channels & make the network UHD ready. Virgins competitors are moving on & they have no choice but to follow. This inevitably means older equipment can no longer be supported, & must be replaced. This same situation will likely be happening with the Freeview platform soon, when all non HD equipment will have to be replaced in order to continue receiveing the service.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile