Menu
mjugran
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Why Asian Freeview are not available under all packages

Hi,

I was watching lot of asian channels through freeview however can't see it with virgin package. Why freeview channels are blocked and categorised under package while these should be available with al packages.

Likes UMP Movies, Colours etc

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why Asian Freeview are not available under all packages

mjugran wrote:

I was watching lot of asian channels through freeview however can't see it with virgin package. Why freeview channels are blocked and categorised under package while these should be available with al packages. Likes UMP Movies, Colours etc

The channels are not blocked. They simply haven't chosen to pay to be part of VM's closed TV system.

"Free"view is a different platform. VM's closed TV platform is not "free"view, it is own closed system. The channels you are probably wanting to see have not paid VM to be included in VM's closed system. @nodrogd explains this perfectly: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/FREEVIEW-CHANNELS/m-p/2997734#M128008

Depending on the deal any "free"view channel makes with VM (if they make it and how much they are willing to pay VM to be included in VM's closed TV system) will determine which of VM's packages they appear in.

You can continue to watch those channels on freeview. Most TVs have a Freeview / Freeview HD tuner built into them. Or use the freeview / freeview HD STB you've been using up until now. There's nothing or no-one stopping you from doing that other than yourself. 

Edit: removed an additional word

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.