Menu
davybozal53
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Whole system went down !

I was happily surfing away on my pc yesterday morning when my broadband suddenly went down about half past ten then my telly tivo service went down as well so I phoned 150 on my landline phone and was given a six o'clock fix via the automated message. I then made a second enquiry via my landline phone and was then given an eight thirtyfive fix via the automated message . Eight thirtyfive came and went and then my landline phone went dead too . So with no alternative other than play a cd or watch a dvd I then went to bed hoping that when my son came in from his nightshift stint it would all be hunky dory and lo and behold it was working and my son then informed me that someone in nearby Thornton had cut through a cable and brought all the network down during some building works which did not surprise me in the least . C'mon Virgin Media why does it take so long to restore things and how about a rebate for lost services as well . Rant over and the weekend to look forward too .

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Whole system went down !

Are you real?

Less than half a day to fix a fault, not of Virgin Media's doing? ... and you want compensation!

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Whole system went down !

The last time BT had a similar incident with a fibre network cable down the road from us it took them 4 days to fix it. Think yourself lucky. VM, nor any other provider has to compensate for outages of less than 24 hours, whatever the cause.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos