Menu
hallster11
Joining in
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Where have my recordings gone?

Hi

Not sure whats happened today but this morning my TIVO box was 73% full which is not unusual. I've just gone on it to watch something I recorded a couple of weeks ago and it's now down at 36% full and every programme recorded from before 8th Nov has gone. They are not even in the recently deleted folder and even the suggestion folder is at 0! What has happened? I'm guessing there is no way of me getting the programmes back now which I am gutted at as ive been away on my hols and loads of my series links will now have one of the episodes missing!

Gutted.

0 Kudos
Olly
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where have my recordings gone?

oh dear that is awful, I feel for you Smiley Sad

Have you just had the update to the new Plum?  A few people lost their recordings with that but some got them back after a reboot.

There are others that have just lost recordings overnight and there is a different thread for that somewhere. .Not sure if it has been resolved yet.

Edit: Here's the link to that thread http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/Tivo-has-just-delete-40-of-my-recordings/m-p/2418177#M99639

Good luck, hope you get them back

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi hallster11, 

Thanks for your post. 

As mentioned we are aware of a fault where the recordings are disappearing after the update however a reboot of the box brings them back.

Are you still without your recordings?

Let us know as if so it's a sign there maybe a problem with your hard drive Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
hallster11
Joining in
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Thanks for your response.

We tried a full reboot by switching it off at the plug but the programmes did not re-appear unfortunately.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi hallster11, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

I'm sorry to hear that the reboot didn't bring your programmes back. 

Can you remember when the last time you rebooted your box was? 

Let me know. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Moodycat
Joining in
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi
I've had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday. All of my recorded stuff has disappeared from before Dec 4th. Have rebooted to no avail.
Seriously peeved.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Moodycat,

I'm sorry to hear that your recordings have disappeared.  I know this can be a real pain when this happens.

How full was your TiVo® box?  and how much did it drop down to?  

It's worth checking the default settings for recordings.  There's an option that may be set to 'Keep Until Space Needed'  If this option is set, it may possibly explain the sudden loss of recordings.  If you want to check you can do so by following these steps:

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > RECORDINGS > RECORDING DEFAULT OPTIONS

If this is not the case, let me know how you get on.  We're here to help if you need us. 

Keep in touch. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
kymk
Joining in
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator

My box has also deleted recordings, it has deleted recently recorded shows, the box was nowhere near full, has kuid set up and my recently deleted was empty, have rebooted my box and still missing, not impressed at all
0 Kudos
Flip1
Tuning in
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

This has happened to me overnight. I have dropped from 50 something % down to 39%.
One of the shows that has gone is my 2 year olds favorite programme,
He is inconsolable, I am angry and have just had to order to the DVD. Hope I can fob him off until it arrives.
A reboot has not helped.

Anybody able to help?!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi kymk,

Thanks for coming by.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused with the loss of recordings.

Can you please tell me the % of hard drive space used and how much it changed to after the recordings were lost please?

I am gathering some details for a team who are looking into this at present.  If you can reply with the requested information, that would be great.

I look forward to hearing from you. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos