Menu
Mrssmith1980
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Where have all my recordings gone? Everything before 17 Sept has been deleted (around 40% of disk)

Nothing in deleted folder and the box was around 90% full

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where have all my recordings gone? Everything before 17 Sept has been deleted (around 40% of disk)

TiVo obviously feels that it needs to free up space for your future recordings.

Using the figures that you supplied, 50% of the box was filled in the last 8 days.

If the same is required in the next 8 days then a box which is 90% full requires some space management.

0 Kudos
Mrssmith1980
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where have all my recordings gone? Everything before 17 Sept has been deleted (around 40% of disk)

But it is always around that level, mostly kids progs which only record 5 eps so it should just roll on fine. I don't understand why this has happened all of a sudden just now, it has been fine at 90% for 2 years.  Seems like a new 'glitch'. Nothing in deleted items folder either

0 Kudos
Olly
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sadly you aren't alone.  There are a good few threads around where the same has happened. They seemed to start appearing on here just after the purple update was rolled out.  

It has hit people with varying amounts of space used up and mostly where it isn't anywhere near 90% . . .. apparently someone in VM is looking into it. .so far no one has worked out why it has happened tho and they are nowhere nearer finding a fix. Smiley Sad

Advice from members varies between setting all series links to KUID to changing it from KUID to 'until space needed'..  from all the threads I have read it seems to happen mostly to people who have series links set to 'until space needed' altho someone will come along and say setting to KUID cause a bug, altho I've never found out what that bug is ... :/

0 Kudos
mbonnick
Rising star
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As Olly says, you are not the first.  It has been happening to me since I got a Tivo (when Virgin first introduced them), although not quite such large amounts deleted in one go, I find odd episodes of a series just get deleted, no sign of them in the recently deleted folder.

Apparently some put it down to a bug whereby you have everything set to KUID, whereas others advise to set it that way so I think everyone is just trying to second guess what is happening.  In the past I have been told to do the following, might be worth a try for you, hasn't helped me though..

Reboot the Tivo box once a week

Set all recordings to KUID

Don't use KUID

Switch suggestions off

Don't allow your recordings to go above 80% of the available space (bit strange this one as technically your box will always be 100% full, its just the Tivo knows what parts of the disk are OK to record over)

I tend to reboot mine every week and set the most important stuff to KUID with the stuff I am less bothered about to Keep until space needed.

It should have nothing to do with the Tivo working out what space it may need in two days time and deleting stuff, if this is the case then there is seriously something wrong with the logic!!!  The Tivo should only delete stuff it wishes to replace with newer stuff at the time of the new recording and not before.

zilch
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I set everything to KUID and have never experienced this fault - although I do switch the box off every night.
0 Kudos