Menu
deborahdixon62
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Where have all my programmes gone on my TiVo box? 30% disappeared overnight. Seriously annoyed!

Lost loads of stuff overnight and it's not in the deleted box. Really annoyed. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where have all my programmes gone on my TiVo box? 30% disappeared overnight. Seriously annoyed!

Hi debroahdixon62,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your recordings have gone missing.  Have you rebooted the box to refresh to see if they come back?  If you have and this hasn't worked, sadly they won't be recoverable if they're not in the 'Deleted Folder'.

Can you please also let me know what % the TiVo® was on before it deleted a chunk of them in one go?

Keep me posted, I'm here to help. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where have all my programmes gone on my TiVo box? 30% disappeared overnight. Seriously annoyed!

deborahdixon62 wrote:

Lost loads of stuff overnight and it's not in the deleted box. Really annoyed. Any suggestions?

It has been a very well known bug in the Virgin Media Tivo software for a few years now.  Keeps coming up every couple of days or so. A search of Tivo "deleting recordings", reveals 31 pages of results. Unfortunately, Virgin Media are not very good or proactive at fixing known faults.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels%2Clocation&q=deletin...

(Not all search results are relevant but many will be)

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
deborahdixon62
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette.

I had already tried rebooting and nothing in the recently deleted either. The box stood at 69% full and the next morning 30%... it had deleted everything I had not protected with the 'Until I delete' option. I am aware that it will delete stuff if it's going to be overfull but it wasn't. So annoyed that it can actually do this without warning.

Regards

Debbie

0 Kudos