Menu
Spindizzy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

When will the deterioration of the Tivo service end

Over the years I have experienced a major deterioration of service both in Box operation and general service. The TIvo box has been given a lot of superfluous operations and has got to the stage where it tells you its waking up for approx. 30secs. Switching to standby is a nightmare of guess when it is going to standby, which causes me sometimes to press the button twice and guess what it finally goes to standby and then starts up again. selection of programmes on the EPG well that is a laugh a minute you scan down the program lines but it doesn't moves then it jumps multiple lines and you go past your selection. As for selecting on demand you wonder when it is going to get there. I am now currently experiencing multiple re-boots. NO! its not the box because I have two and they are both doing it. Apparently there is a fault in the area again and again. Why does Virgin TV put up with crap services such as Netflix and others whereby they are either so slow or rubbish transmission. I have been on Netflix on internet and its rubbish there also. best of all is you sometime set in advance to record a program and you find out it is not the program you have recorded. The latest is when you swap from EPG to TV  the box sits and thinks about it. It is all very well providing services you may think we want but without the infrastructure support it is just grief. Virgin Tivo is going down hill my question is when does it reach the bottom

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: When will the deterioration of the Tivo service end

Hi Spindizzy,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I am sorry that you've had ongoing issues with the service, this isn't good to hear.  I'd like to help get things working better or get some answers for you.

I have carried out some checks to see the current status of the services, at present we do seem to have some high demand occurring on the network which will slow things down.  I have escalated this to our network teams to investigate and work on and we will know more once we've investigated.  This will mainly affect the App's via the TiVo® box, anything else will be caused by a different fault.

In regards to the signal and power levels they are all fine.  

I would like to arrange for an engineer to call out and check things over for you so we can get to the bottom of the slow performance.

I will send you a private message with all the details. (Look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Spindizzy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Whilst you are owning up to problems that's a good start. That you recommended an engineer to come out which he informed me that, which I suspected to be TIVO issues on a network level. Was a waste of his and my time. The service yesterday was behaving itself. Today its back to the same old persistent restarting every 5-10 minutes . When are you going to realise the using the Public as guinea pigs for what is absolute rubbish software/firmware is not a good thing. Since Virgin media has gone to another company, American I think. Service and performance has gone down hill. I am beginning to think Sky or BT who might not be perfect,  but anything is better than this! Some serious compensation should be in order having been considerably inconvenienced and still being inconvenienced for several weeks. Still I have now taken interest in finding out what other media suppliers can do for me. In the mean time I will have to suffer this trash service

0 Kudos
cwoolmer
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps you could explain what the ongoing service problem is. Lots of us are very frustrated. Telling us someone is fixing it great. But why is it happening in the first place. Failed equipment or failed software? The latter is less acceptable to us we all understand that faults happen with machines. What is unacceptable is the inability to use a service we are paying for due to some upgrades I am guessing that most of us probably didn't want in the first place.

Please provide more detail on the ongoing fault. There are now multiple threads running about this!!

0 Kudos
cod2209
Just browsing
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

basically I don't think it can "end" the hardware and firmware of Tivo boxes are just not fit for purpose. move to sky, these forums are pointless as some unqualified "idiot" from the forum team just spouts corporate rubbish about checking this and that and offering engineer visits , the equipment is not up to it neither is the software , its just rubbish full stop . No amount of software updates will ever fix it. Great ideas but it will never work until every Tivo box is replaced 

0 Kudos
cod2209
Just browsing
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Rubbish !!!! TiVo isn't fit for purpose , why are you lying to people ?? just admit its slow , and doesn't work very well , because it is old slow hardware with poor software, and every user has same issues
0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo is slow now .... never used to be as bad, but even I have noticed the slowdown.

That said, I would not call anyone a liar ....for all I know, my "slowness" may be caused by a number of problems, and not just the software, hardware or connection.

There is a software update being slowly rolled out at the moment, but I am not sure if this addresses any of the problems being encountered, or whenever it makes cosmetic changes,

There is also a new Tivo (so I am informed) which should be released this year - I would guess this is vastly superior to what is currently on offer.

0 Kudos