Menu
MVL
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

When viewing HD channels via TIVO the sound is out of sync with the lips. What will be the cause of

When viewing HD channels via TIVO the sound is out of sync with the lips. What will be the cause of this?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: When viewing HD channels via TIVO the sound is out of sync with the lips. What will be the cause of

go to the tivo sound settings and change it from dolby to PCM

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: When viewing HD channels via TIVO the sound is out of sync with the lips. What will be the cause of

go to the tivo sound settings and change it from dolby to PCM

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: When viewing HD channels via TIVO the sound is out of sync with the lips. What will be the ca...

Hi MVL,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the sound on the HD channels being out of sync.

I'm just checking up to make sure you've sorted this problem with the help of dannylau.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
MVL
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

All seems to be ok now thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: When viewing HD channels via TIVO the sound is out of sync with the lips. What will be the ca...

Thanks for the update MVL Smiley Happy

It's great all is ok now for you.

If you have any further problems, just give us a shout and we'll be happy to help.

All the best Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Collette_T wrote:

If you have any further problems, just give us a shout and we'll be happy to help.

Its not really a solution to deprive paying customers of Dolby Digital, to workaround a fault though is it? It is 2015 after all and especially when customers are paying extra for HD content, decent sound quality is just as important as the picture, to a lot of people. Are lip sync issues with Tivo being taken seriously and escalated to the appropriate people? What are the appropriate case numbers and expected resolution dates? 

P.S. I am aware that Dolby Digital is being removed totally, seemingly in an update to 20.4.3.1 that is currently being rolled out across the country.

VM please do not phone me again to discuss my posts. I have not welcomed or invited such an intrusion.

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

thanks4nothing wrote:

Collette_T wrote:

Its not really a solution to deprive paying customers of Dolby Digital, to workaround a fault though is it? It is 2015 after all and especially when customers are paying extra for HD content, decent sound quality is just as important as the picture, to a lot of people. Are lip sync issues with Tivo being taken seriously and escalated to the appropriate people? What are the appropriate case numbers and expected resolution dates? 

P.S. I am aware that Dolby Digital is being removed totally, seemingly in an update to 20.4.3.1 that is currently being rolled out across the country.

VM please do not phone me again to discuss my posts. I have not welcomed or invited such an intrusion.

If they're connected via the TV's sound system they haven't got dolby digital anyway

0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

dannylau wrote:

thanks4nothing wrote:

Collette_T wrote:

If they're connected via the TV's sound system they haven't got dolby digital anyway

True, but for those who do use a sound system, it remains a problem. For me some programs are out regardless of listening on my tv via HTML or sound system via optical. This has always been the case for me. Some programs are ok, some are slightly out and some are massively out. Even SD but more so HD. It is random so nothing to do with my equipment. Sometimes, the only option is to delete the program and record it again (if available) and hope it is ok that time. My satellite and freeview devices allow me to adjust the delay so I can compensate, Tivo does not, although the variability only occurs with Tivo. P.S. in my case switching to PCM does not even make a difference when a recording is out!!

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
NP62
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am experiencing this problem. It also gets worse with the duration of watching. The fix mentioned here is not relevant for me. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi NP62

Sorry to hear about this issue and welcome to the Community. 

I've responded to your thread [here] regarding this issue, so we can keep everything in one place.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos