Menu
NOELRAYNER
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

When catch up is working does it require to rebuffer itself every two minutes ruining any programme

catch up frequently rebutters itself every two minutes making it impossible to watch the programme

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: When catch up is working does it require to rebuffer itself every two minutes ruining any programme

No it shouldn't do that. You may have a signal problem  or it may be the your part of the network is too crowded but first try rebooting. Also worth checking VM's website to see if there's a problem in your area. If it persists call it in and get an engineer out. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: When catch up is working does it require to rebuffer itself every two minutes ruining any pro...

Hi there NOELRAYNER,

I'd first of all like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that your Catch Up service buffers quite a bit when you are watching it. 

I'd like to ask you if the issue happens on all shows through the Catch Up service, or are these just shows that have been provided through BBC iPlayer. My reasoning for asking this is that the content through iPlayer is delivered in a very different way from other channels. 

I've run some initial testing on your TiVo® and can see an issue that would affect shows through iPlayer which our network team are working on restoring, though this should not affect any other channels. 

Please let me know if it is affecting shows that originate from channels other than BBC. 

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos