Menu
ashscrivens
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

When are Virgin Media going up their game with TV

Hello, Unhappy Virgin TiVo customer here!

When are Virgin Media going wake up and realise that every other company out there.. Sky, TalkTalk and BT offer much better value and more modern service.

On my TV I receive more channels on Freeview!! than I do on my Virgin TiVo so most of the time I just watch Freeview.

Friends who have TalkTalk, BT and Sky overall pay less for their Broadband and TV services, Yet they have services with more premium channels and premium service

The fact it takes nearly 2mins load up a Netflix in 2015 is a joke!

My parents for example pay around £30 to TalkTalk,  which gets them fibre broadband and a TV service with more channels on Freeview for a start with the entertainment boost on top (pretty much all the most watched premium channels including all sky channels)

I pay nearly £40 for big easy and I cant even get some of the basic free to air channels like CBS Reality, Travel Channel, horror or Spike (all on freeview)

Or watch catch up on demand on a free channel like Dave (also free on all other services)

ITS A JOKE!

Virgin really need to wake up and take a look and their entry level services, they cant even say their equipment in more superior as they all wipe the floor of TiVo when it comes to speed and user experience.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: When are Virgin Media going up their game with TV

Big Easy only carries the equivalent of VM's "free" TV offering, so you wont find any extra content on it. All "free" packages are different, & there are also a few channels on Freeview that are pay channels on Sky & Virgin, which is the channel owners decision & not the platform providers.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It seems to me that they are all in a headfirst race to the bottom.

Who can offer the least services for the greatest reward : (

This is hardly a progressive attitude for a 21st century digital media supplier.

Offer more useable wizardry and attract more customers.....simple.

ashscrivens
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Its not "Free" its paid for and they call it their "TV M" package

Regardless of it being free or about it being up to the channel provider is a load of rubbish

Bottom line of it is, Virgin do not offer value for money compared to the other players.

The other seem to growing and growing with their TV services even Sky are still growing and getting better, but Virgin is now sat at the bottom of the list.

BT's entrainment packages come with top premium channels in HD and bundled with their fibre broadband it still comes in lower the Virgins entry level package not even offering the basics on BT's TV service

Virgin really need to update their TV packages to start keeping up with the market, they should be offering everything I can get through my aerial for free at least!

Youview for a start is more superior to use than TiVo!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky is an open platform. They dont own the satellites that provide the programmes, they just rent the transponders. If a channel provider wants to join the "free" part of Sky, they pay the satellite operator directly. Sky have nothing to do with them. Virgin is a closed platform, & they own & have to maintain everything between the broadcaster & your TV, so their overheads are far more than Sky's to start with. TV M is free (or should I say "no extra cost") if you take a Virgin telephone line.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Having to pay for an almost unused phoneline is also an anachronism. Many people use mobile phones as their priority these days. My landline is mainly used by scammers and companies who cannot be bothered to comply with the laws of the land. When the phone rings it is usually somebody who hasn't bothered checking with the TPS that I do not want marketing calls of any kind. I wish I could get rid of it but due to the contractual ties imposed by all b/b providers I am forced to pay for an unwanted service before taking b/band, tivo etc. My preference would be mobile via vodafone which has a brilliant signal locally (Virgin signal dreadful). Broadband via VM, fast enough but does drop out too often for the kids liking. TV via Freeview + PVR(HD). I could save a small fortune annually; but until the consumer protection agencies get their acts together I guess we all have to throw our had earned dosh away on badly constructed packages : (