Menu
pjr1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

When Wi-Fi is available on the TiVo set box could it help stop buffering when viewing Netflix?

Netflix buffers at 25% and is unwatchable on my non smart TV and not a good watch on my laptop. Will Wi-Fi on the set box help resolve this long standing issue? If so how? I am paying for a service that does not deliver.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: When Wi-Fi is available on the TiVo set box could it help stop buffering when viewing Netflix?

The TiVO has no WiFI capability in any of its existing or previous incarnations. It has an internal modem that pulls the required content direct off VM's broadband network the same as your Superhub does.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: When Wi-Fi is available on the TiVo set box could it help stop buffering when viewing Netflix?

The TiVO has no WiFI capability in any of its existing or previous incarnations. It has an internal modem that pulls the required content direct off VM's broadband network the same as your Superhub does.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

The 25% buffering issue is a Netflix issue -  it happens on TiVo, BT Youview Boxes, PS4, Xbox  -  ans on Wifi and wired connections.

Some people seem to have success by login out of Netflix and then relogging in a little later.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos