Menu
heidij
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

When I press Info the text is truncated on the screen. Same in explore show

As per subject, not all the text is displayed.  Same when I access Explore Show, and when in the guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: When I press Info the text is truncated on the screen. Same in explore show

Hi heidij,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're not able to view all the text and menu options on your TV box.

It's possible you have the aspect ratio on your TV set incorrectly. If you look at the remote control for your TV you may see a button which looks like a screen. If you press this a few times you may find a setting which allows everything to fit on to the screen. Please look to the manual if you're not sure.

Hope this helps. Please let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Rich_B wrote:

Hi heidij,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're not able to view all the text and menu options on your TV box.

It's possible you have the aspect ratio on your TV set incorrectly. If you look at the remote control for your TV you may see a button which looks like a screen. If you press this a few times you may find a setting which allows everything to fit on to the screen. Please look to the manual if you're not sure.

Hope this helps. Please let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks

I doubt that's his issue as the TiVo does it for everyone

0 Kudos
heidij
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi.  No it's nothing to do with the aspect ratio.  It's the Tivo that's truncating the message as in all cases the text is incomplete and finishes with a string of  '...'

I've seen other people submit posts on this problem but they say they get to see the full text if they go into the guide or explore show.  For me I get the '...' in all cases, for info descriptions which are obviously too long for the Tivo info box.

Thanks

0 Kudos
eatyourgreens
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

yup, just 3 lines of text is all you get. Anything more is replaced by "...". Welcome to TIVO!

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

try pressing info for an HD screen full of extra detail

0 Kudos