Menu
sapper_arj
Superfast
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What no Spotify App anymore

Hi Virginmedia.

I cannot find the spotify app on my TIVO any more.

Not can I find any official mention that the app is no longer supported than via a search of the tivo forums.

This is rather poor to say the least.

If what I have read is true, that the app is no longer supported by the new TIVO software, then at least have the courtesy to make a formal announcement?

As usual, poor customer service from VM. The only reason that I am staying is that I am not allowed a dish on my property.

0 Kudos
NeilH1
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: What no Spotify App anymore

I totally agree with you about the poor customer service from VM in relation the withdrawal of Spotify services.

What happened to me was totally unacceptable, but I have no doubt that other customers have been treated in the same way. I had been a Spotify Premium customer since having TiVo installed when it was first rolled out. The £9.99 was added to my account each month.  However, a few months ago, whilst trying to listen to Spotify through my tablet, I was presented with advertisments. To cut a long story short, my subscription had been reduced from Spotify Premium to the free service due to the subscription not having been paid. As far as I was concerned, the subscription had indeed been paid. A check of my online statement confirmed that VM had taken my subscription, and were about to take the following months subscription. However, this had not been passed onto Spotify.

When I contacted Customer Services and tried to explain to them that there seemed to be an admin issue here, I could not believe the response I got, which was "We'll give you a signal boost" ??????. I eventually managed to speak to a rep who understood what I was trying to say, although she did not have a solution.  After consulting with her supervisor, she told me that VM had terminated their agreement with Spotify. When I in no uncertain terms, queried the fact that the subscription had been taken but not passed on, I received a refund.

Although I had received a full refund, I found it totally unacceptable that VM had taken my money, not forwarded it to Spotify, and not informed me of the termination of the agreement with Spotify. I made an official complaint to VM and received £30 compensation.

I now pay my subscription directly to Spotify, and can use the service on all my devices, except TiVo.

To call this customer services is surely a contradiction of terms, because I received no service at all until I prompted the issue.

sapper_arj wrote:

Hi Virginmedia.

I cannot find the spotify app on my TIVO any more.

Not can I find any official mention that the app is no longer supported than via a search of the tivo forums.

This is rather poor to say the least.

If what I have read is true, that the app is no longer supported by the new TIVO software, then at least have the courtesy to make a formal announcement?

As usual, poor customer service from VM. The only reason that I am staying is that I am not allowed a dish on my property.

sapper_arj
Superfast
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Rather interesting.

I am still being charged for the premium service, and when I log into my spotify account I am still listed as being a VM spotify partner....

But thanks for sharing

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I thought there was a post from VM saying it would cease on a given date in July  -  although mine stopped before then.

I didn't use the TiVo app very often as it would not remember my username.

EDIT: Found a post from June confirming it is ended in here - http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Spotify-no-longer-available/m-p/313006...

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
NeilH1
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate that there was a post in June, but the problems I had with the subscription were months before that and there was no warning.
0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The adverts are caused by the account being used on the tablet not a premium account - so not the account VM would have been paying.

VM were only the agent taking your money and can only support the TiVo version.

That would always have been an issue for Spotify to resolve.

Unfortunatly - if the member of support you speak to doesn't have any idea what to do they have the following plan of action:
1: Send a signal boost
2: book an engineer

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
NeilH1
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'll have to disagree with you on this one I'm afraid. When I took out my Spotify subscription with VM several years ago, I immediately had access to Spotify Premium on all my devices I.e. tablet, laptop, phone and TiVo. After all Spotify Premium is as it says whether it be paid direct to Spotify or through a third party, like VM. It still doesn't alter the fact that VM took the subscription from me knowing full well that it was not going to be forwarded to Spotify. That, to me is a VM issue, not Spotify.
Also, if the only advice Customer Services can offer when discussing an administrative issue rather than an engineering issue, is to boost the signal, then maybe the script should be changed. I still fail to see how boosting the signal can help with a subscription issue.
0 Kudos