Menu
JohnMcE
Superfast
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What is the point of pictures, when half the time they are wrong?

So many photos that accompany shows in TIVO's listings are out of date. The new series of The Apprentice is now showing up in my TIVO's listings, along with the companion "You're Fired" show on BBC-2. The photo for this shows Jack Dee along with Romesh Ranganathan, neither of whom will be in the new series.

Challenge have just shown all the Lily Savage episode of Blankety Blank, yet throughout, Les Dawson has been used in the accompanying photo (despite my flagging this in the section to notify whoever is responsible for updating them).

The Gadget show still showed Suzie Perry for years after she had left the programme.

If I checked, would Bet Lynch would still be in the Coronation Street listing, and Carol Vordeman in Countdown?

As TIVO has moved to an even more photo dependant way of choosing which programmes to watch, is it too much to ask that some of the forthcoming third increase in price this year is devoted to ensuring that your listings are accurate?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is the point of pictures, when half the time they are wrong?

Hi JohnMcE, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear of the muliple mistakes that have been made. 

Issues such as this can be reported by emailing TivoGuideErrors@virginmedia.co.uk. The team here deal with updating the guide and fixing incorrect information. 

Hope that helps Smiley Happy 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

JohnMcE wrote:

... The new series of The Apprentice is now showing up in my TIVO's listings, along with the companion "You're Fired" show on BBC-2. The photo for this shows Jack Dee along with Romesh Ranganathan, neither of whom will be in the new series.

Oh good, Hasn't been as good since Dara O'Brien left. Not sure about Rhod Gilbert, but will give him a try.

My issue with the pictures is that the text on them isn't always clear, so I don't know what the film/programme is. I suppose it may work on a 50" HD TV, but on my 32" SD TV it's not apparent.

0 Kudos
JohnMcE
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

thanks for replying.

I DID notify Virgin about the Les Dawson photo when Challenge first started showing the Lilly Savage episodes, but it made no difference.

And I see that although the photo has been corrected for the forthcoming "The Apprentice - You're Fired" series, if you look at episodes within the series, the same old Jack/Ramash photo is still being used.

But as we're about to suffer yet another price increase this year, it does beg the question - should we, the viewers, really have to be the ones that police errors like this?  Especially in major series like The Apprentice.

0 Kudos
JohnMcE
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

And note to whoever chooses the photos - Graham Norton has had a beard for about 4 years!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again for taking the time to get in touch JohnMcE

We're always looking to improve the service and appreciate you letting us know about this.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos