Menu
MoggsKent
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What is the matter with BBC iPlayer via Tivo? It stutters continually.

This does not happen every time but tonight I tried to watch The Scandalous Lady W but it stuttered right from the beginning and, after 10 minutes of stops and goes every few seconds, I stopped and started again only to have an identical experience.  So, I gave up.  I wish I'd recorded it.

Has anyone else had this problem with this particular programme?

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is the matter with BBC iPlayer via Tivo? It stutters continually.

sorry to be a pain, but nope... fine here! Is it only the one program affected? How about playing on the desktop app? (Trying to prove/disprove whether it's the BBC asset, or the TiVo app)

Jon.

0 Kudos
roddydogs
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Never ending thread, just accept that they cant fix it 100%, and use it as little as possible.  Dozens of threads on this if you care to look back.

0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Used it several times yesterday with no picture problems.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi MoggsKent,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you're getting stuttering on the BBC iPlayer, I know how annoying this can be.

I have taken a look at this for you and carried out some checks.  At present there is some high demand affecting the network you are connected to.  This has already been escalated to our network engineers are they are currently working to fix this.

The reference number for this is: F003500529.  You can use this to check for updates when you request them here.  We're due a review of this on the 2nd September, if things haven't improved by then, don't hesitate to give me a shout and I can check for an update on the situation for you.

This will mainly affect you during peak times.  If you do have any further questions on this or have any other queries, let me know as I'm here to help.

Thank you for your patience. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos