Menu
iain_crowe
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What does connection error (7008) mesn

What does connection error (7008) mean? it appears when i try to set my Tivo up and whilst its scanning the smart card.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: What does connection error (7008) mesn

Hi there iain_crowe, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been getting this error code on your TiVo® this sounds as if some of the signals to activate it have not reached the TiVo®. 

I'd love to help you out with this, though when I look at your forum details, I'm not able to locate any account details, so I've sent you a private message in order to get some further information, please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Penny16
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem. I called 150 today as I had a different error message saying my card was invalid and they run through all the checks. I think it's now been reset as a new card but still shows another error box with 7008 in it! I was told it would take a while to reset but would be fine as a new customer it's getting really frustrating, I have called again but it's a 20min wait. No TiVo TV again tonight!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Penny16, 

I'd first of all like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you are experiencing the error 7008 message.

I've taken a look at things from this end to see if I could clear this, however I've not been able to restore service for you. I would've suggested that a technician would be next on the agenda, however I can see that you've already spoken to someone and a technician is booked to call out. 

Please let me know how this all goes. 

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos