Menu
echelom
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What Channels are available on the 'Freeview' Package Deal?

Yesterday, I phoned up VM to have our whole TV XL Package removed from my account, but keeping the Broadband XXL and Phone XL, however I was given 2 options which were these:

1. Remove 2 x TiVo boxes (a 500Gb and a 1Tb) from my account.

or

2. Remove 1 TiVo box, and keep the other one, so we could still watch the 'Freeview' Channel Package, and still Record and Rewind Live TV.

The difference in price was £57.99 for Option 1 and £62.99 for Option 2.

We do not have a digital TV setup at all, we use IPTV instead over WiFi, via NowTV boxes. We were thinking of changing these to Amazon FireStick TV HDMI mainly for NetFlix, which NowTv does not support, because they are meant for Sky Movies, Entertainment and Sky Sports.

But I have looked everywhere trying to find the 'Freeview' Virginmedia Package that I could have for just £5.00 a month with 1 x TiVo Box!

Is there a list of which TV channels is included in this deal, so I can get a rough idea. I paid £5.00 for having an extra TiVo box anyway, so it doesn't seem too bad.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Les.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: What Channels are available on the 'Freeview' Package Deal?

Have a look at this PDF:

https://my.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virgoBrowse/docs/VirginMediaTVChannelGuide.pdf

I believe the channels with the green dots next to them are the "Freeview" channels.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have a look at this PDF:

https://my.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virgoBrowse/docs/VirginMediaTVChannelGuide.pdf

I believe the channels with the green dots next to them are the "Freeview" channels.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

echelom
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SCA1972 wrote:

Have a look at this PDF:

SCA1972 wrote:

Have a look at this PDF:

That looks like it, the basic package - they stated it was the 'Freeview Package', which I had never heard of before. I'll give them a call later today!

Thanks anyway, Scott!

Regards,

Les.

0 Kudos
ianward
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Please note though that not all Freeview channels are on Virgin's basic TV option, such as Horror Channel,

Ian

0 Kudos
echelom
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ianward wrote:

Please note though that not all Freeview channels are on Virgin's basic TV option, such as Horror Channel,

Ian

LOL... not really bothered about the Horror Channel! There is probably others, but at least I'll be saving much more money in the long run! Smiley Happy

Sky customers have just been hit by a £30 increase from the 1st June 2016 per year! That will be on Virginmedia next, normally follows down to the customers.

0 Kudos