Menu
Radiohead
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Week 2 - TIVO keeps rebooting

So I have a free week, and would like an engineer to come round and trash this box (or let me do it and cancel my tv).

I switch it on and it's fine for about 5 mins (once it lasted 15 mins), then it suddenly reboots...rinse and repeat. The 'Starting up' screen (sometimes with a 'red clock', sometimes without a 'red clock') once lasted 24hrs before I switched it off myself. Strangely enough, all scheduled programmes are still listed as recorded.

Cables are fine, Service Status reports no problems, etc, etc.

I try to 'Connect to Virgin Media Service' and it goes through the steps, but on 'Loading info' I get to 3% and run out of time, because the reboot happens.

I'd call 150, but after 2 attempts (and 15 minutes of muzak) I get cut off. I did speak to someone a couple of weeks ago, who couldn't help and suggested I arrange for an engineer's appointment.

So here I am.

Software version: 20.5.7.RC23-VMS-2-C8A

(Last status: Failed. Unrecoverable error)

0 Kudos
jasoburch
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Week 2 - TIVO keeps rebooting

I'm currently on my 4th Tivo box in 8 weeks, all for that same problem. If this one goes the same way then I'm heading to Sky. Totally fed up.

0 Kudos
Radiohead
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

4 boxes? That does not bode well for me. I finally have an engineer scheduled for Thursday.

It seems there are a lot of people affected by this issue, as well as the slooooow responses of the boxes. I'm hoping I'll get a new version.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Radiohead,

Thank you for posting, I hope you have been keeping well.

I am sorry to read that you have experienced some interruptions on the TV services in the home, when it reboots it's never the best. After having a look at the connection and running some tests, it's clear to see that there are some issues that would need to be looked at and adjusted by and engineer.

If you can have a little look inside your Inbox, you'll see I've sent you a Private Message. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope.

Speak to you soon and welcome into the Community.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Radiohead
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE:

An engineer came round and did some tests.  The Tivo box was faulty, so he replaced it and, unfortunately, I lost some recordings I was hoping to hang on to.

Fingers crossed it's all resolved now!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for updating us on this Radiohead!

Great to hear that things have been arranged to sort this for you.

Sorry to hear that you've lost some of your recordings though.

Please let me know if there is anything more that I can do to help.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos