Menu
stelup64
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Water from Tivo box

Has anyone experienced water coming from their Tivo box? I have only just got one of the boxes only and the box went dead and noticed a pool of water coming from it
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Water from Tivo box

the only wau it woufl get water from ti is if its had water spilt in it. There is no water in teh boxes. If you have some unplug it rigth away and stop using it and call VM
0 Kudos
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Maybe coming through the coax cable?

I've seen that with Sky when the outer PVC has split.

0 Kudos
auryx
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, agreed - you can get water down an external antenna coaxial cable, so if you have one plugged into your TiVo, that's most likely to be the culprit. Well, unless you have your box installed under a sink :-)

Good luck!

stelup64
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think that you are right removed the box and when I have checked it they was more water
0 Kudos
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Check for signs of water where the coax enters your home.  If necessary (others feel free to comment on this bit) unplug your hub from the mains and unscrew the coax from the wall access point, check the connector for water or discolouring.

If water is coming in then it may have made its way to your hub too, I'd contact VM immediately and get your equipment checked for safety.

Edit: Just re-read your last post and I think you've already checked the entry point.  Please contact VM now.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi stelup64,

Welcome to the Community!

That's a bit of an unusual issue, I'm really sorry!

As apcyberax has said, you need to unplug the TiVo® as soon as possible and leave it unplugged. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange for a technician to sort it out for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos