Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7 (206 Views)

Watching recordings between V6 + TiVo and in reverse

I have a new V6 box in the living room connected to hub and a TiVo box in the bedroom connected via power line. I can see a folder on the V6 box with all recordings on the TiVo box and can watch them, there is an option on the TiVo box (in my shows) for other boxes but I can't see the V6 box. My question is, is there a way to see recordings from either box ? Hope that makes sense
0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 7 (202 Views)

Re: Watching recordings between V6 + TiVo and in reverse

[ Edited ]

Each box should show in the 'Other TiVo boxes' on the corresponding box.

If you've not already done so I'd suggest turning both boxes and both your Hub or router and Powerline kit off.

Then turn your router on and once it's completed startup, then turn on your Powerline kit. Once there showing as working, then turn on your two boxes.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 7 (182 Views)

BenMcr wrote:

Each box should show in the 'Other TiVo boxes' on the corresponding box.

If you've not already done so I'd suggest turning both boxes and both your Hub or router and Powerline kit off.

Then turn your router on and once it's completed startup, then turn on your Powerline kit. Once there showing as working, then turn on your two boxes.

Thank you so much BenMcr I just turned both boxes off and turned V6 on first and it worked perfectly.  Unfortunately I had a long conversation with a tech staff yesterday on the phone who told me this wasn't possible.  I thought I had read somewhere it was and it seemed daft for it not to work both ways.  Really pleased that I asked in here great job and keep up the good work.  I hope this helps some other people too.

0 Kudos
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 7 (173 Views)

It should all work fine and does here, so it is possible - I'm using Powerline too on the old box.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 300 Optical Fibre (300/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 5 of 7 (165 Views)

BenMcr knows what he is talking about, whereas I have read reports of 1st line support not always having a full grasp of some problems. Ozsat confirms Ben's opinion so I would suggest following his advice to turn everything off then back on in the order he recommends, giving each bit of kit time to start up fully before turning on the next.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 7 (139 Views)

Hi. I managed to get the two boxes to show on one another. I am now having problems playing recorded programs from the TiVo box on the V6 box. The are freezing and then stop start. Happened once last night now is doing it on all programs tonight. Can't watch any of them on V6. They will work on the TiVo direct and V6 ones work on TiVo. Any suggestions please?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7 (114 Views)

Hi Addmoses,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with the TiVo recordings.

I've run diagnostics on your TiVo® and I can see an issue with the Input signal levels that might be causing the issue. Do the recordings break up at all when watching them directly on the TiVo®?

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange for a technician to adjust your levels.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos