Menu
Nidge151066
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Watching recorded shows on laptop

Hi, is it possible to watch recorded programmes on a laptop via TV Anywhere? What do I need to do?

Many thanks,

Nigel

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Watching recorded shows on laptop

sadly not, nor even on a windows 10 tablet.

Fraid windows machines only have a web version of anywhere that does not support this, be nice if they created a windows app one day.

You can only do this on android and ios devices. Not sure what would happen if you tried to use an android emulator.

0 Kudos
Nidge151066
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your quick reply. So I could potentially watch recorded programmes on my Galaxy S5 then? How would I achieve this? DXownload app, then what?

Thanks,

Nigel

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nigel, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you involved in the Community Smiley Happy 

As mentioned by stevedh2, you're not able to watch recorded shows via your PC or Laptop. 

Customers who have the new V6 box are able to download their shows to watch on their Mobile devices however this isn't available via the TiVo® box yet. 

If you're looking to upgrade to V6, have a chat with the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they can give you the costings Smiley Happy

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
TheElf
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Rats! Rats! Rats!!!!!!

Just found this out and am really miffed! Why would I want to sit holding an iPad when I have a perfectly good laptop?

PLEASE, Virgin - RE-THINK THIS and get it implemented!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's not part of the TiVo platform that powers the Virgin TV V6 box - recording streaming is to the mobile app or to another TiVo based box only.

So Virgin Media can't add something that doesn't exist in the technology.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
mrswilliam
Just joined
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can you transfer shows recorded on Tivo to a laptop using a TIVO Desktop Software?

I found this software link on the internet but when I went to download it, I got a warning error message about a certificate  - so is this spam/Virus?

0 Kudos